Stopping MessageBus or ActivationSpec using wsadmin tool - Websphere

This is a discussion on Stopping MessageBus or ActivationSpec using wsadmin tool - Websphere ; Hi all, Is there any way I can stop a MessageBus using the wsadmin tool? I found a documentation regarding ListenerPorts ( http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...startport.html ) but I need to shut down both a listener port and another MDB that is bound ...

  1. Stopping MessageBus or ActivationSpec using wsadmin tool

    Hi all,

    Is there any way I can stop a MessageBus using the wsadmin tool?
    I found a documentation regarding ListenerPorts (http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...startport.html) but I need to shut down both a listener port and another MDB that is bound to an ActivationSpec .
    I am planning to shut this down for maintenance situations. I guess that two possibilities would be to shut the ActivationSpec and the MessageBus that delivers the messages to this ActivationSpec.

    Does anyone know if it is possible? I am using an WAS 6.1 ND.

    best regards,
    Rafael Ribeiro

  2. Re: Stopping MessageBus or ActivationSpec using wsadmin tool

    I just found it myself, getting the MBean "type=SIBMessagingEngine" and invoking stop on it does the trick.

+ Reply to Thread