Blocking The Default Web Page. - Websphere

This is a discussion on Blocking The Default Web Page. - Websphere ; Hi, I am using WAS 6.0.2.29 on AIX. I want to block my default web page i.e. the page displayed after entering url as http://hostname for some security purpose. Waiting for your reply. Regards, Mahesh...

  1. Blocking The Default Web Page.

    Hi,

    I am using WAS 6.0.2.29 on AIX. I want to block my default web page i.e. the page displayed after entering url as http://hostname for some security purpose.
    Waiting for your reply.

    Regards,
    Mahesh

  2. Re: Blocking The Default Web Page.

    m.a.gatkal@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am using WAS 6.0.2.29 on AIX. I want to block my default web page i.e. the page displayed after entering url as http://hostname for some security purpose.
    > Waiting for your reply.
    >

    > Regards,
    > Mahesh

    There is no default homepage, unless you have created one, or installed
    the samples. Uninstall the samples, or change your homepage.

    Ken

  3. Re: Blocking The Default Web Page.

    WAS on its own does not listen on port 80. You probably have a web server (IHS, Apache, IIS...) running locally on that server.
    You will have to include a redirect rule in the httpd.conf (if using IHS/Apache..)to forward request coming to index.html to be routed to a destination of your choice.

  4. Re: Blocking The Default Web Page.

    Yes, IHS is used as web server. can you please let me know how can i redirect the requests coming to index.html to some other url.
    As i have already redirected request from port 80 to port 443. will it have any impact on it?

  5. Re: Blocking The Default Web Page.

    Can anyone please let me know about this. its bit urgent.
    Thanks in advance.

  6. Re: Blocking The Default Web Page.

    m.a.gatkal@gmail.com wrote:
    > Can anyone please let me know about this. its bit urgent.
    > Thanks in advance.

    I believe you'll want to turn off Options Indexes in your httpd.conf.
    Check the Apache documentation.

    Ken

  7. Re: Blocking The Default Web Page.

    Look at these apache directives and apply the most appropriate one in the httpd.conf file.

    http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_alias.html

  8. Re: Blocking The Default Web Page.

    There is something called document root for any webserver, say, apache.
    By default, without any context, webserver servers from this dorectory. if u want to change it, u can point to another directory or, in that directory, en_US/index.html, you can dump ur own code.
    This default directory can be found under
    IHS_INST_ROOT/
    as
    htdocs
    IHS_INST_ROOT/htdocs/en_US/index.html is the default page.
    This is snippet in httpd.conf

    DocumentRoot "/software/IBM/IHS/htdocs/en_US"

    #
    # Each directory to which Apache has access can be configured with respect
    # to which services and features are allowed and/or disabled in that
    # directory (and its subdirectories).
    #
    # First, we configure the "default" to be a very restrictive set of
    # features.
    #

    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None

    #
    # Note that from this point forward you must specifically allow
    # particular features to be enabled - so if something's not working as
    # you might expect, make sure that you have specifically enabled it
    # below.
    #

    #
    # This should be changed to whatever you set DocumentRoot to.
    #

    Now, if you want this to forward to another page as soon as landing here, you can add javascript in index.html like this
    $ more index.html

    IBM HTTP Server

+ Reply to Thread