JAAS Implementation with WAS 6.1 - Websphere

This is a discussion on JAAS Implementation with WAS 6.1 - Websphere ; Hi All, We are planning to implement the authentication module in our application using JAAS. We are using Websphere App Server version 6.1 for our implementation. I have walked thru the infocenter, but as I am little bit new to ...

  1. JAAS Implementation with WAS 6.1

    Hi All,
    We are planning to implement the authentication module in our
    application using JAAS. We are using Websphere App Server version 6.1
    for our implementation.
    I have walked thru the infocenter, but as I am little bit new to these
    security implementation, I am not sure what would be the best strategy
    to implement authentication using JAAS in WAS. I know there are some
    standard modules for JAAS (like WSLogin Module), and we can use these
    modules in our code, once we configure our user repository.
    What I am expecting from this group is, some informative articles
    which suggest and show some possible implementation strategies. Also
    why to use WSLogin module and why not to use WSLogin Module.
    Any inputs on above points would be highly appreciable.
    Let me know if you guys need more information from my end.. about the
    requirement.
    Thanks,
    Gaurav Daga

  2. Re: JAAS Implementation with WAS 6.1