Post from websphere to URL pointing to external server - Websphere

This is a discussion on Post from websphere to URL pointing to external server - Websphere ; Hi, We use WAS 7 running on windows 2008. We need to access an external URL (e.g https://external.server.com/servlet/TestServlet ) from local servlet runing in WAS (WAS set-up behind firewall). Basically we would like to perform http post and then look ...

  1. Post from websphere to URL pointing to external server

    Hi,

    We use WAS 7 running on windows 2008.

    We need to access an external URL (e.g https://external.server.com/servlet/TestServlet) from local servlet runing in WAS (WAS set-up behind firewall).

    Basically we would like to perform http post and then look at the result from post - all within the localservlet.

    Can some-one provide advice as to how to approach this?. How do we set-up the proxy details for the http post? Pointer to some sample code and/or documentation will be much appreciated.

    Thanks

    Harikumar

  2. Re: Post from websphere to URL pointing to external server

    Try Apache Commons HttpClient
    [http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/]

    There's a tutorial here:
    [http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/tutorial.html]

    There's some sample code here that is similar to what you are trying to do:
    [http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...-41c13d10cfba]

    thanks,
    dims

+ Reply to Thread