Installation of IBM WAS on my Solaris machine - Websphere

This is a discussion on Installation of IBM WAS on my Solaris machine - Websphere ; Hi all, I am unable to install IBM web application server on my solaris machine, i am using SOLARIS SunOs 5.10 solaris, 32bit. when i install IBM WAS i got following messages This launchpad is not intended to run on ...

  1. Installation of IBM WAS on my Solaris machine

    Hi all,

    I am unable to install IBM web application server on my solaris machine, i am using SOLARIS
    SunOs 5.10 solaris, 32bit. when i install IBM WAS i got following messages

    This launchpad is not intended to run on the current platform. Check the product documentation or contact your vendor for more information about supported platforms.

    Information about your machine
    Operating System (top.OS) = SunOS
    Operating System Type (top.OSTYPE) = unix
    Processor Architecture (top.ARCHITECTURE) = x86
    Browser/version (top.BROWSER/top.BROWSERVERSION) = Mozilla/1.7
    Locale (top.LOCALE) = en
    Launchpad compatibility version =

    Compatibility checks defined for this launchpad
    top.OS = SunOS
    top.ARCHITECTURE = SPARC
    edition = NonSpecific|ND
    os = NonSpecific|SunOS
    arch = NonSpecific|SPARC
    bitcount = NonSpecific|32
    version = NonSpecific|6.1

    Can any one help me out to resolve this problem

    Thanks in advance

    Kumar Priya

  2. Re: Installation of IBM WAS on my Solaris machine

    kumar.priya@sdgc.com wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am unable to install IBM web application server on my solaris machine, i am using SOLARIS
    > SunOs 5.10 solaris, 32bit. when i install IBM WAS i got following messages
    >
    > This launchpad is not intended to run on the current platform. Check the product documentation or contact your vendor for more information about supported platforms.
    >
    > Information about your machine
    > Operating System (top.OS) = SunOS
    > Operating System Type (top.OSTYPE) = unix
    > Processor Architecture (top.ARCHITECTURE) = x86
    > Browser/version (top.BROWSER/top.BROWSERVERSION) = Mozilla/1.7
    > Locale (top.LOCALE) = en
    > Launchpad compatibility version =
    >
    > Compatibility checks defined for this launchpad
    > top.OS = SunOS
    > top.ARCHITECTURE = SPARC
    > edition = NonSpecific|ND
    > os = NonSpecific|SunOS
    > arch = NonSpecific|SPARC
    > bitcount = NonSpecific|32
    > version = NonSpecific|6.1
    >

    > Can any one help me out to resolve this problem
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Kumar Priya

    WAS does not run on Solaris x86, only on SPARC.

    Ken

  3. Re: Installation of IBM WAS on my Solaris machine

    It seems ur OS is Solaris 10 x86 32 bit.
    Verify ur WAS version.
    Is it compatible with Solaris 10, x86, 32 bit?

  4. Re: Installation of IBM WAS on my Solaris machine

    Hi Kumar,

    Which WAS version are you trying to install?
    You can use the "isainfo -v" command to make sure your the information in the installation log corresponds to your system.
    Furthermore, you can use "isainfo -kv" to make sure your system is running under the right kernel.

    You can check for WAS 6.1 OS compatibility here for Solaris:
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...id=swg27007740

    Let me know.
    Salman

  5. Re: Installation of IBM WAS on my Solaris machine

    Hi Salman,

    Thanks for your help. i have checked my os version, it is 32-bit i386 kernel modules, i am unable to find the download of IBM websphere AS for this version of solaris, could you please help me , where to find the IBM WAS for this solaris version. i have checked the IBM website, but it do not the WAS for this.

    Thanks you again

    Kumar

  6. Re: Installation of IBM WAS on my Solaris machine

    Hi,

    Yes you are right, i have checked this, but not able find the WAS for 32-bit i386 kernel modules
    version of solaris, do you have any idea to from where it is downloded.

    Thanks

  7. Re: Installation of IBM WAS on my Solaris machine

    kumar.priya@sdgc.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Yes you are right, i have checked this, but not able find the WAS for 32-bit i386 kernel modules
    > version of solaris, do you have any idea to from where it is downloded.
    >
    > Thanks

    It doesn't exist. Supported environments can be seen here:

    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...id=swg27012369

  8. Re: Installation of IBM WAS on my Solaris machine

    Hi again Kumar,
    WAS 6.1 trial version for Linux and Windows are available, although so far i couldn't find a trial version to cater your needs. I am going to check with people and find out where to download a trial version for WAS 6.1 for Solaris 5.10 running 32-bit kernel module. I'll get back to you.

    Salman

  9. Re: Installation of IBM WAS on my Solaris machine

    Update: There is no Websphere 6.1 trial version for Solaris.
    Salman

  10. Re: Installation of IBM WAS on my Solaris machine

    Hi again Kumar,
    Do also refer to this link for a more detailed pre-reqs check:
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...id=swg27007662

+ Reply to Thread