could not create profile.... - Websphere

This is a discussion on could not create profile.... - Websphere ; hi, I am trying to install WAS6.1 on linux. I have successfully created Deployment Mananger. But I am getting the following error while creating the profile...can some one help me? thanks in advance. !MESSAGE Error reading configuration: An error occurred ...

  1. could not create profile....

    hi, I am trying to install WAS6.1 on linux. I have successfully created Deployment Mananger. But I am getting the following error while creating the profile...can some one help me? thanks in advance.

    !MESSAGE Error reading configuration: An error occurred while locking file "/home/wasadm/PMT/workspace/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/.manager/.fileTableLock": "No locks available". A common reason is that the file system or Runtime Environment does not support file locking for that location. Please choose a different location, or disable file locking passing "-Dosgi.locking=none" as a VM argument.
    !STACK 0
    java.io.IOException: An error occurred while locking file "/home/wasadm/PMT/workspace/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/.manager/.fileTableLock": "No locks available". A common reason is that the file system or Runtime Environment does not support file locking for that location. Please choose a different location, or disable file locking passing "-Dosgi.locking=none" as a VM argument.
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.Locker_J avaNio.lock(Locker_JavaNio.java:46)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.FileManager.lock( FileManager.java:361)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.FileManager.open( FileManager.java:658)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseAdaptor.in itFileManager(EclipseAdaptor.java:818)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseAdaptor.in itialize(EclipseAdaptor.java:139)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework .initialize(Framework.java:128)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework . (Framework.java:106)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.OSGi.crea teFramework(OSGi.java:90)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.OSGi.(OSG i.java:31)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.st artup(EclipseStarter.java:272)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.ru n(EclipseStarter.java:159)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:64)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Mai n.java:334)

  2. Re: could not create profile....

    sudheer.amireddy@regions.com wrote:
    > hi, I am trying to install WAS6.1 on linux. I have successfully created Deployment Mananger. But I am getting the following error while creating the profile...can some one help me? thanks in advance.
    >
    > !MESSAGE Error reading configuration: An error occurred while locking file "/home/wasadm/PMT/workspace/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/.manager/.fileTableLock": "No locks available". A common reason is that the file system or Runtime Environment does not support file locking for that location. Please choose a different location, or disable file locking passing "-Dosgi.locking=none" as a VM argument.
    > !STACK 0
    > java.io.IOException: An error occurred while locking file "/home/wasadm/PMT/workspace/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/.manager/.fileTableLock": "No locks available". A common reason is that the file system or Runtime Environment does not support file locking for that location. Please choose a different location, or disable file locking passing "-Dosgi.locking=none" as a VM argument.
    > at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.Locker_J avaNio.lock(Locker_JavaNio.java:46)
    > at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.FileManager.lock( FileManager.java:361)
    > at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.FileManager.open( FileManager.java:658)
    > at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseAdaptor.in itFileManager(EclipseAdaptor.java:818)
    > at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseAdaptor.in itialize(EclipseAdaptor.java:139)
    > at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework .initialize(Framework.java:128)
    > at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework . (Framework.java:106)
    > at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.OSGi.crea teFramework(OSGi.java:90)
    > at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.OSGi.(OSG i.java:31)
    > at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.st artup(EclipseStarter.java:272)
    > at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.ru n(EclipseStarter.java:159)
    > at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
    > at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:64)
    > at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    > at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Mai n.java:334)

    Deployment Manager _is_ a profile, how did that succeed and this fail?
    did something change? or, are you trying to create this new profile with
    a different userid that might not have permissions?

    Ken

  3. Re: could not create profile....

    A common reason is that the file system or Runtime Environment does not support file locking for that location. Please choose a different location, or disable file locking passing "-Dosgi.locking=none" as a VM argument.

    Did you tried as mentioned above by passwing -Dosgi.locking=none to java?
    somewhere I read like this -
    It is a operating system problem.
    To many scripts are locking files at the same time and the filesystem/operating system is not coping with it.

+ Reply to Thread