Upgrading ND cell with new fixpack - Websphere

This is a discussion on Upgrading ND cell with new fixpack - Websphere ; What is the correct procedure for upgrading an ND cell? Do I upgrade the deployment manager first and then the nodes? Do I have to upgrade all the nodes at the same time or can I just upgrade one node ...

  1. Upgrading ND cell with new fixpack

    What is the correct procedure for upgrading an ND cell? Do I upgrade the deployment manager first and then the nodes? Do I have to upgrade all the nodes at the same time or can I just upgrade one node and leave the others at a lower fixpack level?

  2. Re: Upgrading ND cell with new fixpack

    Hi,

    there is a single rule - the deployment manager should have the highest FP-Number in the cell.
    Thus upgrade the dmgr first, nodes can be upgraded independent on each other at any time.
    If there are clusters, it would be better to update cluster nodes simultaneously.

    Regards

+ Reply to Thread