Use the ASYNC_TIMEOUT_MILLISECONDS property - Websphere

This is a discussion on Use the ASYNC_TIMEOUT_MILLISECONDS property - Websphere ; Hi, Use the ASYNC_TIMEOUT_MILLISECONDS property to avoid receiving a time out exception for JAX-WS synchronous clients Source : http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...ntruntime.html I used the below coding to implement the above but it is always timing out after 5 mins . This is ...

  1. Use the ASYNC_TIMEOUT_MILLISECONDS property

    Hi,

    Use the ASYNC_TIMEOUT_MILLISECONDS property to avoid receiving a time out exception for JAX-WS synchronous clients

    Source : http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...ntruntime.html

    I used the below coding to implement the above but it is always timing out after 5 mins . This is default and i am unable to change it with the below coding.

    Any idea ?

    AccountsPortProxy proxy = new AccountsPortProxy();
    CreateAcountHandler handler = new CreateAcountHandler();

    // Use Proxy Instance as BindingProvider
    BindingProvider bp = (BindingProvider)(proxy._getDescriptor().getProxy( ));
    bp.getRequestContext().put("com.ibm.websphere.webservices.jaxws.constants.ASYN C_TIMEOUT_MILLISECONDS",60000);//1 min

    thanks
    Veera

  2. Re: Use the ASYNC_TIMEOUT_MILLISECONDS property

    Veera,

    You need to remove the quotes around the com.ibm.websphere.webservices.jaxws.constants.ASYN C_TIMEOUT_MILLISECONDS, it's a constant defined in com.ibm.websphere.webservices.jaxws.Constants class

    if you really need to use the string, try the string version mentioned that javadoc [1] which is for v7,
    public static final java.lang.String ASYNC_TIMEOUT_MILLISECONDS "com.ibm.websphere.webservices.jaxws.asynctimeout"

    Thanks,
    dims

    [1] http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...nt-values.html

  3. Re: Use the ASYNC_TIMEOUT_MILLISECONDS property

    Hi,
    I use the below setup in my workstation
    RSA 7.0.0.4
    WAS 6.1.0.21
    Build Number: cf210844.13
    Build Date: 11/6/08

    It is giving compilation error when i remove the Quotes. Can you tell me how to fix this ?

  4. Re: Use the ASYNC_TIMEOUT_MILLISECONDS property

    Try adding the jaxws thin client jar to your workspace/project. if not use the string mentioned in the javadoc.

    thanks,
    dims

  5. Re: Use the ASYNC_TIMEOUT_MILLISECONDS property

    Please note that you should use the thin client jar just for compilation, *Please* don't add it to your EAR/WAR.

    -- dims

+ Reply to Thread