Help need showing a custom error page - Websphere

This is a discussion on Help need showing a custom error page - Websphere ; I am having a issue, where the following happens: I am using IBM http server as my front end server, and WebSphere as my application server. I am trying to configure httpserver config file (httpd.conf) to display a certain page ...

  1. Help need showing a custom error page

    I am having a issue, where the following happens: I am using IBM http
    server as my front end server, and WebSphere as my application server.

    I am trying to configure httpserver config file (httpd.conf) to
    display a certain page when my application
    server is down - but that is not working. ( that is I have my http
    server running, but the actual app server is stopped). I tried setting
    the errorDocument directive within the httpd.conf file of the HTTP
    server to display some custom string text in case of 500, 501, 502 or
    503 errors, but it does not show any of the error messages. Instead,
    when I try to hit a service on the app server, it shows something as
    follows:

    Failed to Connect

    Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost:
    9080.

    Though the site seems valid, the browser was unable to establish a
    connection.

    * Could the site be temporarily unavailable? Try again later.
    * Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's
    network connection.
    * Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy?
    Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

    I want the custom error message that I put in the httpd.conf to show
    when a user tries to hit the service on the appserver and the
    application server( websphere server) is down.

    There is a plugins.xml file that comes with the Websphere install that
    links the app server and the http server, so I am expecting that the
    500 or so error should be getting communicated to the http server
    which should then be able to show the custom error message. I am not
    sure why that is not happening?

  2. Re: Help need showing a custom error page

    On Jul 9, 10:52*am, Chintan Kachhi wrote:
    > Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost:9080.

    The HTTP server will not respond to a request that it doesn't see.

+ Reply to Thread