Webcontainer thread timeout - Websphere

This is a discussion on Webcontainer thread timeout - Websphere ; Hi all, I currently have a problem when the user submits a long query request via a JSP page. The user gets a timeout (code 500 from WebSeal) after 3 minutes but the WebContainer keeps running on the server even ...

  1. Webcontainer thread timeout

    Hi all,

    I currently have a problem when the user submits a long query request via a JSP page. The user gets a timeout (code 500 from WebSeal) after 3 minutes but the WebContainer keeps running on the server even though the results can't possibly be returned.

    Eventually I get the following in the log {ThreadMonitor W WSVR0606W: Thread "WebContainer : 0"} which indicates that the WebContainer thread is still running.

    I would like the WebContainer thread to timeout and throw an exception. Is there anyway of configuring this via Websphere server?

    I've tried reducing the Transaction timeout but this has no effect. Ideally I was looking at setting the maximum time a web request may take.

    Thanks,
    Jean

  2. Re: Webcontainer thread timeout

    jean.bodemer@liberty.co.za wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I currently have a problem when the user submits a long query request via a JSP page. The user gets a timeout (code 500 from WebSeal) after 3 minutes but the WebContainer keeps running on the server even though the results can't possibly be returned.
    >
    > Eventually I get the following in the log {ThreadMonitor W WSVR0606W: Thread "WebContainer : 0"} which indicates that the WebContainer thread is still running.
    >
    > I would like the WebContainer thread to timeout and throw an exception. Is there anyway of configuring this via Websphere server?
    >
    > I've tried reducing the Transaction timeout but this has no effect. Ideally I was looking at setting the maximum time a web request may take.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Jean

    Servers -> Server Name -> Thread Pools -> WebContainer -> timeout

    Ken

+ Reply to Thread