"WAS for Developer" vs "Rational Application Developer" - Websphere

This is a discussion on "WAS for Developer" vs "Rational Application Developer" - Websphere ; Is there any feature comparison between "WebSphere Application Server for Developer" and "Rational Application Developer for WebSphere". I am confused when to use which. Can you anyone help?...

  1. "WAS for Developer" vs "Rational Application Developer"

    Is there any feature comparison between "WebSphere Application Server for Developer" and "Rational Application Developer for WebSphere". I am confused when to use which.

    Can you anyone help?

  2. Re: "WAS for Developer" vs "Rational Application Developer"

    tangross@hk1.ibm.com wrote:
    > Is there any feature comparison between "WebSphere Application Server for Developer" and "Rational Application Developer for WebSphere". I am confused when to use which.
    >
    > Can you anyone help?

    WAS for Developers is the WAS runtime, just licensed for free developer use.
    RAD is the IDE for developing Java and JEE applications.

    --
    Doug

+ Reply to Thread