Hello!

I have 2 web applications in the same EAR and it would be great if they could share data without persisting it
into a database or using an EJB.

I know that the J2EE standard prohibits sharing session attributes between applications. Therefore, I want
to use the IBM specific class 'IBMApplicationSession', as described here: [Link to IBM documentation|http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...ing_data.html]

My code looks like this:
{code}
IBMSession extSession = (IBMSession)session;
IBMApplicationSession appSession = extSession.getIBMApplicationSession(true);
appSession.setAttribute("fup", user);
{code}

As I understand it, the call to extSession.getIBMApplicationSession(true) should return a session object that can be
used by other applications.
Instead, it always returns NULL, resulting in a nullPointerException when setting the Attribute.

It would be great if someone could help me out here!

Kind Regards,
Andreas