WAS 5.1 - Websphere

This is a discussion on WAS 5.1 - Websphere ; I'm using WebSphere Application Serer 5.1 and I want to know if you can set the admin console to a different password other than roots password on AIX 5.1? I found out roots password is keep inside the security.xml file. ...

  1. WAS 5.1

    I'm using WebSphere Application Serer 5.1 and I want to know if you can set the admin console to a different password other than roots password on AIX 5.1? I found out roots password is keep inside the security.xml file. Are there was to not have that happen?

    Thanks

  2. Re: WAS 5.1

    I think the password has to be the same. It wasn't until WAS 6.1 that an internal user registry was introduced which allowed you to have WebSphere users/passwords that do not match OS or LDAP users.

    There is a 'propFilePasswordEncoder' coomand that you can run to at least mask the password. Search the InfoCenter for more complete reference on this.

    Thanks,
    Stuart Smith
    Administration Lead
    Web Age Solutions