wt is the advantage of Custom profile? - Websphere

This is a discussion on wt is the advantage of Custom profile? - Websphere ; hi, pls excuse me if my question is wrong? wt is the advantage of Custom profile? Thanks in advance WAShelpNeeded....

  1. wt is the advantage of Custom profile?

    hi,
    pls excuse me if my question is wrong?
    wt is the advantage of Custom profile?

    Thanks in advance
    WAShelpNeeded.

  2. Re: wt is the advantage of Custom profile?

    Hi.

    Once you create a custom profile you can add it to an existing deployment manager to give you a WAS ND setup. This means that you can take advantage of WAS ND scalability, work load management and high availability functions by creating a cluster of application servers.

    You can find out a bit more about custom profiles here: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce..._overview.html

    The WAS info-centre contains lots of information on the benefits of using a ND topology.

    Cheers, Matt.

  3. Re: wt is the advantage of Custom profile?

    Hi,
    Thanks a lot.
    I ll go through the link you provided..

    Thanks
    WAS_help

  4. Re: wt is the advantage of Custom profile?

    Hello,

    One thing to keep in mind is that WAS 6.1 custom profiles cannot be augmented for the feature packs (EJB 3.0, web services, web 2.0). Only default (app server) and dmgr profile types can be augmented for the feature pack.

    Building a custom profile and then adding a feature pack requires that you re-build everything in a new profile and then augment. This can be quite a hassle, so if you are thinking you might add a feature pack, you should probably start with a default profile instead.

    Hope this helps,

    Andy

+ Reply to Thread