Re: Regarding instillation of WASv6.1 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Re: Regarding instillation of WASv6.1 - Websphere ; Previously,i tried to run the command as u have explained.but the thing is here the named folder "java" is not appearing under C:\WASv6.1\WAS\. But the extracted .zip file is a licenced,so there is no way to have wrong zip file....

  1. Re: Regarding instillation of WASv6.1

    Previously,i tried to run the command as u have explained.but the thing is here the named folder "java" is not appearing under C:\WASv6.1\WAS\.

    But the extracted .zip file is a licenced,so there is no way to have wrong zip file.

  2. Re: Regarding instillation of WASv6.1

    Is there a directory such as: C:\WASv6.1\JDK

    Better yet, do a file search in C:\WASv6.1 for "java", this should tell you definitively wherther or not the jre was packaged in the zip you have.

  3. Re: Regarding instillation of WASv6.1

    Yes i got the folder named JDK under \WASv6.1\ .As u said i searched for the java directory and got it at the location of D:\WASV61\JDK\jre.pak\repository\package.java.jre\ java\jre and i tried like
    "D:\WASV61\WAS\install.exe -is:javahome D:\WASV61\JDK\jre.pak\repository\package.java.jre\ java\jre" but its giving the same error. I dont know what exactly the reason for throwing the error.

  4. Re: Regarding instillation of WASv6.1

    what (if anything) does

    D:\WASV61\JDK\jre.pak\repository\package.java.jre\ java\jre\bin\java -version

    produce if launched from within cmd-window?

  5. Re: Regarding instillation of WASv6.1

    D:\WASV61\JDK\jre.pak\repository\package.java.jre\ java\jre\bin\java -version
    when i was trying with the above syntex ,an error message throwing like "Could not create JVM".........

  6. Re: Regarding instillation of WASv6.1

    your WAS installation directory seem to be corrupted. Do you have the original files from IBM?

  7. Re: Regarding instillation of WASv6.1

    You might have the wrong installation image. If you can't execute the java executable under the JDK directory, you may have in installation image for the wrong hardware.

    I would delete your installation directory, and double check the installation image.

  8. Re: Regarding instillation of WASv6.1

    hi,
    Did u resolved ur issue?

    Thanks,
    WAS_help

  9. Re: Regarding instillation of WASv6.1

    Hi,
    Not yet resolved,but one of our friend gave excellent suggestion i.e
    "according to IBM your WinXP is supported for non-production use only".

    then i thought my WinXp is not a supportable OS.

    and again i raised one more question i.e

    "How would we say that OS is non-production supportable.I fallowed the link("http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=180&uid=swg27007663") that u have provided but i did not get the information.Please explain me how would we know about the non-production environment. Now i am waiting for his valuable reply.

    Please send me your suggestion also.

  10. Re: Regarding instillation of WASv6.1

    gnana.sagar@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    > Not yet resolved,but one of our friend gave excellent suggestion i.e
    > "according to IBM your WinXP is supported for non-production use only".
    >
    > then i thought my WinXp is not a supportable OS.
    >
    > and again i raised one more question i.e
    >
    > "How would we say that OS is non-production supportable.I fallowed the link("http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=180&uid=swg27007663") that u have provided but i did not get the information.Please explain me how would we know about the non-production environment. Now i am waiting for his valuable reply.
    >
    > Please send me your suggestion also.

    It looks you missed the note besides the XP line (See Required detail)
    that reads:

    Supported for application design, development and testing; no support
    for production use.

    That doesn't mean that you cannot install so your problem is different,
    it only means you cannot run your production server on XP.

  11. Re: Regarding instillation of WASv6.1

    Hi,

    the 10th note on that page tells the following:

    "10 Supported for application design, development and testing; no support for production use."

    which means that you will get no support from IBM for WAS running on WinXP.

    You could also try to find whether there are "production support", "testing support", and so further kinds of support
    if it matters for you.

    Last but not least - "not supported" is not necessarily similar to "will make problems". In most cases it works just perfect.

+ Reply to Thread