Hi,
We are planning to use WebSphere v7.0 as the application server for our application. However, due to other software compatibility issues, we are forced to use Oracle 9i and can migrate to Oracle 10g or higher only after a year. The problem we are facing is this:
1. When we set up the datasource for Oracle 9i in WAS v7.0, we are getting a "Username/Password Invalid Error". The username and password is correct.
2. We are following the instructions provided in the WAS 7 documentation. The URL is given below:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...reqoracle.html
3. As mentioned in the instructions we are using ojdbc6.jar and Oracle 11g helper.

Other things that we tried are :
1. use ojdbc14.jar instead of ojdbc6.jar
2. Use Oracle 10g helper

We are still getting the same error. Here is the error description:
DataSourceCon E** DSRA8040I: Failed to connect to the DataSource.* Encountered "": java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
DSRA0010E: SQL State = 72000, Error Code = 1,017

To get around the problem we decided to use the WAS V4 datasource. With this we are able to connect to the database with any errors. However, this is not the recommended way to set up a datasource for application following J2EE 1.3 or later. Hence, it would be really helpful if anybody, who has faced such errors or is familiar with this, provides us some hints on resolving this.

Please let me know if any additional details pertaining to this problem are required.

Many thanks in advance.
-Nitin