EJB Pool setting in WAS - Websphere

This is a discussion on EJB Pool setting in WAS - Websphere ; We have configured the EJB Pool in WAS using the following settings in custom properties section in jvm using WAS Admin Console -Dcom.ibm.websphere.ejbcontainer.poolSize=DefaultAp plication.ear#Increment.jar#Increment=60,100. The EAR is deployed in the WebSphere_Portal AppServer. However as per as the following document http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...&cc=us&lang=en ...

  1. EJB Pool setting in WAS

    We have configured the EJB Pool in WAS using the following settings
    in custom properties section in jvm using WAS Admin Console
    -Dcom.ibm.websphere.ejbcontainer.poolSize=DefaultAp plication.ear#Increment.jar#Increment=60,100.
    The EAR is deployed in the WebSphere_Portal AppServer.
    However as per as the following document
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...&cc=us&lang=en
    If configuration is successfull then a System.Out should print something like
    [10/26/04 18:36:35:719 CDT] 3cd8aa36 BeanMetaData I CNTR0060I: (Min,Max) pool size is (60,100) for bean com.ibm.defaultapplication.IncrementBean

    However this is not being printed.
    Need some help to resolve the same.

  2. Re: EJB Pool setting in WAS

    Java Virtual Machine. From that page, you would add the "-Dcom.ibm.websphere.ejbcontainer.poolSize=DefaultAp plication.ear#Increment.jar#Increment=60,100" under Generic JVM arguments.

    If you set it in the setupCmdLine.bat/sh file, then it will not be picked up - that will add the system properties to the launcher tool, but not to the app server.

    Hope this helps,

    Andy

  3. Re: EJB Pool setting in WAS

    Yes we tried the DefaultApp.ear which comes by default with WAS.We deployed it in the server1 and tried the settings(i.e setting the property in Custom Properties in JVM for server1). Still nothing is printed in the console.

  4. Re: EJB Pool setting in WAS

    It is fine now.
    This needs to be the setting:
    com.ibm.websphere.ejbcontainer.poolSize=DefaultApp lication.ear#Increment.jar#Increment=125,1327.
    We shouldnot put -D before the com.

    Secondly on server startup itself the stuff wont get printed.
    You need to invoke the relevant ejb by invoking the web application to get it printed.

    thanks
    Bikram

+ Reply to Thread