WAS + paging space - Websphere

This is a discussion on WAS + paging space - Websphere ; On my AIX 5.3 box, I show a java process taking somewhere between 200 - 300 in paging space. When I do a ps -ef | grep PID it comes back to the WebSphere java directory. Is there a memory ...

  1. WAS + paging space

    On my AIX 5.3 box, I show a java process taking somewhere between 200 - 300 in paging space. When I do a ps -ef | grep PID it comes back to the WebSphere java directory. Is there a memory leak or how can I stop it from using so much paging space?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: WAS + paging space

    What version of WebSphere Application Server are you using, and to what do you have the max heap size set?

  3. Re: WAS + paging space

    WAS version is 6.1.0.25 the Heap Size: 1024.

  4. Re: WAS + paging space

    What else is running on your system that might be using the memory, and forcing WAS to page?
    Any ideas?

  5. Re: WAS + paging space

    There are no other applications running. There is WebSphere 6.1.0.25 and the application Plateau that uses WAS. That is it on the box. So there got to be something wrong with either one.

+ Reply to Thread