Connection not released without any application running. - Websphere

This is a discussion on Connection not released without any application running. - Websphere ; Environment: Windows Server 2003 SP2 WAS 6.0.2.9 I noticed the database connection pool size was increasing very high and the free pool size was always kept zero through PMI.I stopped all the applications,but the connection pool size was still the ...

  1. Connection not released without any application running.

    Environment:
    Windows Server 2003 SP2
    WAS 6.0.2.9

    I noticed the database connection pool size was increasing very high and the free pool size was always kept zero through PMI.I stopped all the applications,but the connection pool size was still the same size.So I opened the trace for j2c and try again,I found no connection was created after I stopped the applications.
    Can anyone tell me why the the connections are not released?

    Many thanks.

  2. Re: Connection not released without any application running.

    If you stopped only the application and not the JVM container, the connection pool will likely continue to exist at it's minimum connections setting specified in the datasource.

  3. Re: Connection not released without any application running.

    The connections unreleased were much more than the minimum connections.

  4. Re: Connection not released without any application running.

    Hi,
    Just bounce your server.Every thing will get settled :-)

    Good luck,
    WSA_help

+ Reply to Thread