Problem with WebSphere 7.0.0.3 FunctionMapperImpl - Websphere

This is a discussion on Problem with WebSphere 7.0.0.3 FunctionMapperImpl - Websphere ; In websphere application server wrong implementation FunctionMapperImpl i got null pointer excption java.lang.NullPointerException at org.apache.el.lang.FunctionMapperImpl$Function.wri teExternal(FunctionMapperImpl.java:123) at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeExternalData(Objec tOutputStream.java:1432) at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(Obj ectOutputStream.java:1401) at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutp utStream.java:1161) at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutpu tStream.java:337) at java.util.HashMap.writeObject(HashMap.java:848) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor35.invoke(Unkno wn Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:599) at ...

  1. Problem with WebSphere 7.0.0.3 FunctionMapperImpl

    In websphere application server wrong implementation
    FunctionMapperImpl i got null pointer excption
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.apache.el.lang.FunctionMapperImpl$Function.wri teExternal(FunctionMapperImpl.java:123)
    at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeExternalData(Objec tOutputStream.java:1432)
    at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(Obj ectOutputStream.java:1401)
    at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutp utStream.java:1161)
    at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutpu tStream.java:337)
    at java.util.HashMap.writeObject(HashMap.java:848)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor35.invoke(Unkno wn Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
    at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.invokeWriteObject(Object StreamClass.java:956)
    at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeSerialData(ObjectO utputStream.java:1472)
    at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(Obj ectOutputStream.java:1403)
    at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutp utStream.java:1161)
    at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutpu tStream.java:337)
    at org.apache.el.lang.FunctionMapperImpl.writeExterna l(FunctionMapperImpl.java:74)
    at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeExternalData(Objec tOutputStream.java:1432)
    at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(Obj ectOutputStream.java:1401)
    at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutp utStream.java:1161)
    at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutpu tStream.java:337)
    at org.apache.el.ValueExpressionImpl.writeExternal(Va lueExpressionImpl.java:256)
    at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeExternalData(Objec tOutputStream.java:1432)

    Probablu problem lie in serializing/deserializing not properly handle.
    where i can report bug or something

  2. Re: Problem with WebSphere 7.0.0.3 FunctionMapperImpl

    What are the circumstances around this error?
    Did the code you're running work before you applied the 7.0.0.3 patch?
    Is this with network deployment, base or community edition?
    When does the error get thrown, when starting a node, an application
    server or the deployment manager, or during the running of your
    application?
    WebSphere has been around for 10 years, this patch level has been
    around for two months. Generally, problems are not caused by bugs in
    WebSphere.

    The (free to download and extend) IBM Support Assistant might well be
    somewhere to start looking to try to diagnose this problem. There are
    tools within that to help you raise and track a PMR with IBM, assuming
    you have a support agreement in place. Otherwise, post more
    information around the problem to this forum, or perhaps get in touch
    with me directly, and I'll see what I can suggest.

    Peter Bennett
    Distributed Systems Professional Services Ltd.

    On Jun 18, 4:42*pm, ign...@gmail.com wrote:
    > In websphere application server wrong implementation
    > FunctionMapperImpl i got null pointer excption
    > *java.lang.NullPointerException
    > * * * * at org.apache.el.lang.FunctionMapperImpl$Function.wri teExternal(FunctionMapperImpl.java:123)
    > * * * * at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeExternalData(Objec tOutputStream.java:1432)
    > * * * * at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(Obj ectOutputStream.java:1401)
    > * * * * at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutp utStream.java:1161)
    > * * * * at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutpu tStream.java:337)
    > * * * * at java.util.HashMap.writeObject(HashMap.java:848)
    > * * * * at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor35.invoke(Unkno wn Source)
    > * * * * at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
    > * * * * at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:599)
    > * * * * at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.invokeWriteObject(Object StreamClass.java:956)
    > * * * * at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeSerialData(ObjectO utputStream.java:1472)
    > * * * * at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(Obj ectOutputStream.java:1403)
    > * * * * at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutp utStream.java:1161)
    > * * * * at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutpu tStream.java:337)
    > * * * * at org.apache.el.lang.FunctionMapperImpl.writeExterna l(FunctionMapperImpl.java:74)
    > * * * * at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeExternalData(Objec tOutputStream.java:1432)
    > * * * * at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject(Obj ectOutputStream.java:1401)
    > * * * * at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject0(ObjectOutp utStream.java:1161)
    > * * * * at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutpu tStream.java:337)
    > * * * * at org.apache.el.ValueExpressionImpl.writeExternal(Va lueExpressionImpl.java:256)
    > * * * * at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeExternalData(Objec tOutputStream.java:1432)
    >
    > Probablu problem lie in serializing/deserializing not properly handle.
    > where i can report bug or something

  3. Re: Problem with WebSphere 7.0.0.3 FunctionMapperImpl

    com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.jar contains classes of jasper-el.jar from Tomcat and Tomcat had a bug, see https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/s...g.cgi?id=41797, good news is that it is fixed and available in tomcat dist. All you need to do is to re-pack com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.jar with classes from jasper-el.jar.
    And yes, it is dirty hack

+ Reply to Thread