WAS 6.1 ND - Server Configuration - Websphere

This is a discussion on WAS 6.1 ND - Server Configuration - Websphere ; Hi, I'm fairly new to ND. We have a fairly straightforward set-up of 1 Cell, 2 nodes, with 2 app servers on each node. If I want to make the same config change to each App server, do I have ...

  1. WAS 6.1 ND - Server Configuration

    Hi,

    I'm fairly new to ND. We have a fairly straightforward set-up of 1 Cell, 2 nodes, with 2 app servers on each node. If I want to make the same config change to each App server, do I have to do each one in turn, or can I make it at the cell level and federate/sync the changes to each app server accross both nodes. Or is the answer somewhere in between where I can make the config change at node level and federate the changes to each app server in the node, but have to make the same change on each node?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: WAS 6.1 ND - Server Configuration

    richard.john@capgemini.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm fairly new to ND. We have a fairly straightforward set-up of 1 Cell, 2 nodes, with 2 app servers on each node. If I want to make the same config change to each App server, do I have to do each one in turn, or can I make it at the cell level and federate/sync the changes to each app server accross both nodes. Or is the answer somewhere in between where I can make the config change at node level and federate the changes to each app server in the node, but have to make the same change on each node?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Assuming that your appservers are all in the same *cluster*, you change
    the cluster and the dmgr will replicate the changes to every server in
    the cluster.

    If these are non-clustered appservers, you'll have to make the change to
    each one.

    Ken

+ Reply to Thread