Could anybody tell me the maximum length of session id in WebSphere6.1? - Websphere

This is a discussion on Could anybody tell me the maximum length of session id in WebSphere6.1? - Websphere ; I know the session id in WebSphere is a String. But I don't know the maximum length of it. Can anybody tell me please?...

  1. Could anybody tell me the maximum length of session id in WebSphere6.1?

    I know the session id in WebSphere is a String. But I don't know the maximum length of it. Can anybody tell me please?

  2. Re: Could anybody tell me the maximum length of session id inWebSphere 6.1?

    Hi, the Java Spec does not specify a length, I believe.

    Regards,
    Brian

  3. Re: Could anybody tell me the maximum length of session id inWebSphere 6.1?

    The thing is I have to save session id in database table. So I have to define the datatype of the column. Is it specified in WAS?

  4. Re: Could anybody tell me the maximum length of session id inWebSphere 6.1?

    Hi, the session table that is used for store distributed sessions has the column of 128 bytes varchar. Though, the actual length I have seen is 26 bytes. Better safe than sorry.

    [http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...creation.html]

    Regards,
    Brian

  5. Re: Could anybody tell me the maximum length of session id inWebSphere 6.1?

    Actually, the custom property that defines the length of the JSESSIONID hash takes values between 8 and 128 inclusive, cf. http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...roperties.html. So I guess 128 is IBM WebSphere's maximum supported length.

+ Reply to Thread