Enabling logging during application deployment through scripts - Websphere

This is a discussion on Enabling logging during application deployment through scripts - Websphere ; Hi All, Im trying to install applications through script.When ever there is some issue with application etc,the script fails with out giving proper information.I need to open the SystemOut log file to find out the exact error.Is there any thing ...

  1. Enabling logging during application deployment through scripts

    Hi All,

    Im trying to install applications through script.When ever there is some issue with application etc,the script fails with out giving proper information.I need to open the SystemOut log file to find out the exact error.Is there any thing that can be done in such a way that i can get the logging done in script window itself so that it would be easy to find out the issue.

    Thanks in advance,
    Sri..

  2. Re: Enabling logging during application deployment through scripts

    Hi, the errors are not kept in the SystemOut.log of the Application Server but in the wsadmin trace files in the PROFILE_HOME/logs directory. You could also modify the PROFILE_HOME/properties/wsadmin.properties file and turn on tracing or use AdminControl trace to turn it on.

    [http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...ncontrol.html]

    Regards,
    Brian

  3. Re: Enabling logging during application deployment through scripts

    Brian,
    Thanks for your reply.I enabled logging as per the document and i could see the scripting logging.When im running the script,i gave wrong cell name(which is accidental).The SystemErr log says that cell is nor present,where as the scripting logs says some exception happend.So is there a way of capturing them as well.My intention is to capture all the logs so that after deployment gets completed,i can analyse the logs to chekc for any issues.

    Thanks in advance..

+ Reply to Thread