WAS 6.1 DynaCache - Global cache (properties/cachespec.xml) - Websphere

This is a discussion on WAS 6.1 DynaCache - Global cache (properties/cachespec.xml) - Websphere ; Need help on the following problem: I am trying to use WAS 6.1 DynaCache with a global cachespec (WAS_HOME/properties/cachespec.xml) for webservice cache entries, but nothing seems to be working. I have been able to make the local cachespec for a ...

  1. WAS 6.1 DynaCache - Global cache (properties/cachespec.xml)

    Need help on the following problem:

    I am trying to use WAS 6.1 DynaCache with a global cachespec (WAS_HOME/properties/cachespec.xml) for webservice cache entries, but nothing seems to be working.
    I have been able to make the local cachespec for a specific module (module/web-inf/cachespec.xml) work just fine.

    Module Web context root: TestServiceWeb
    Module web.xml servlet url-mapping: sca/TestService_WebServiceExport

    WAS_HOME/properties/cachespec.xml
    ===============================

    webservice
    TestServiceWeb/sca/TestService_WebServiceExport
    not-shared

    86400
    43200

    Any ideas as to what I could be doing wrong?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: WAS 6.1 DynaCache - Global cache (properties/cachespec.xml)

    Just a add on to the above entry, the name element value is different in the local module spec which actually works, and is as follows, but tried this for the global spec as well, but no luck:

    /sca/TestService_WebServiceExport

  3. Re: WAS 6.1 DynaCache - Global cache (properties/cachespec.xml)

    Put the cachespec.xml in the /properties/. not in WAS_HOME (unless you treat it as the profile directory)

  4. Re: WAS 6.1 DynaCache - Global cache (properties/cachespec.xml)

    For the tag use:

    1.) "relative path" if cachespec.xml is within your module (WEB-INF/cachespec.xml)

    2.) "absolute path" if cachespec.xml is within your profile_path/properties directory

+ Reply to Thread