JNDI namespace question - Websphere

This is a discussion on JNDI namespace question - Websphere ; Hi All, Trying to understand something regarding JNDI between and hope someone have an answer or can point me to the right direction. We have Websphere Message Broker configured for JMS with its own JNDI directory in LDAP. We now ...

  1. JNDI namespace question

    Hi All,

    Trying to understand something regarding JNDI between and hope someone have an answer or can point me to the right direction.

    We have Websphere Message Broker configured for JMS with its own JNDI directory in LDAP.

    We now want to use JMS send message to the MQ queues in Message Broker from Websphere process server. Can we configure WAS to use the same LDAP JNDI namespace as used by the broker? Most documentation I can find seems to suggest we have to redefine the JNDI resource inside WAS admin console, isn't that a lot of duplicated administration? Am I missing something here?

    Thanks,

    et381

  2. Re: JNDI namespace question

    Hi, you must setup the JNDI within WebSphere App Server itself. The WMQ settings will point to the Broker that is going to be used.

    Regards,
    Brian

  3. Re: JNDI namespace question

    You should be able to even though that's not the preferred way.
    You'll need to define a new generic jms provider (just like you would for tibco or activemq) and
    then set its provider url and initial context factory provider to corresponding ldap ones.
    You then define jndi names in WAS which point to the corresponding names in the ldap tree.
    Cheers,
    Vinod

    eddie.tse@simient.com wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Trying to understand something regarding JNDI between and hope someone have an answer or can point me to the right direction.
    >
    > We have Websphere Message Broker configured for JMS with its own JNDI directory in LDAP.
    >
    > We now want to use JMS send message to the MQ queues in Message Broker from Websphere process server. Can we configure WAS to use the same LDAP JNDI namespace as used by the broker? Most documentation I can find seems to suggest we have to redefine the JNDI resource inside WAS admin console, isn't that a lot of duplicated administration? Am I missing something here?
    >

    > Thanks,
    >
    > et381

+ Reply to Thread