Problem with "Append RFH version 2" setting (IBM WAS 7.0.0.3) - Websphere

This is a discussion on Problem with "Append RFH version 2" setting (IBM WAS 7.0.0.3) - Websphere ; Hi, I am using IBM Websphere Application Server (WAS) 7.0.0.3. Currently, I am writing a program to send a message into a queue. This queue is defined as a JNDI resource under WAS-Console/Resources/JMS/Queues/[queue_name]/Advanced Properties. Problem: -------- After I unticked the ...

  1. Problem with "Append RFH version 2" setting (IBM WAS 7.0.0.3)

    Hi,

    I am using IBM Websphere Application Server (WAS) 7.0.0.3. Currently, I am writing a program to send a message into a queue. This queue is defined as a JNDI resource under WAS-Console/Resources/JMS/Queues/[queue_name]/Advanced Properties.

    Problem:
    --------
    After I unticked the option "Append RFH version 2 headers to messages sent to this destination" and logout from Admin Console, the option is always returned to "tick".
    - When I start trigger a message, I can see that my message is still appended with RFH header.
    - This problem is resolved after I restarted WAS. Anyway, the option remains as "ticked/checked".

    Has anyone encountered this issue before? Could I have missed out something from installation. Thanks much for your help.

    Regards,
    Danny Sunyoto

  2. Re: Problem with "Append RFH version 2" setting (IBM WAS 7.0.0.3)

    Hi Danny.

    Thanks for bringing this issue to IBM's attention.

    When you select or deselect that property the configuration on the file system is updated correctly but it appears we don't always display it correctly via the panels. We shall fix this in due course.

    Once you change the configuration of a WMQ messaging provider object a server restart is required for the change to take effect, hence the behavior you describe below.

    Regards, Matt.

  3. Re: Problem with "Append RFH version 2" setting (IBM WAS 7.0.0.3)

    Hi Matt,

    Thanks so much for your clarification.

    Cheers,
    Danny S

  4. Re: Problem with "Append RFH version 2" setting (IBM WAS 7.0.0.3)

    Hi.

    This has now been fixed in WAS 7.0.0.5 under APAR PK83434.

    Cheers, Matt.

+ Reply to Thread