Re: ejb 2.1 look up - Websphere

This is a discussion on Re: ejb 2.1 look up - Websphere ; Hi Shane, It looks good to me. The real question is does it work? :-) One thing that could simplify this work is the [EJB 3 feature pack| http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...d=swg21287579] or WAS 7. That way, you could avoid the homes and ...

  1. Re: ejb 2.1 look up

    Hi Shane,

    It looks good to me. The real question is does it work? :-)

    One thing that could simplify this work is the [EJB 3 feature pack|http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...d=swg21287579] or WAS 7. That way, you could avoid the homes and lookups entirely by using injection.

    Also, with auto link, you would not need to declare the ejb-local-ref. Your code would look like this:

    {code}
    @EJB
    private TransformXMLMessageLocal xmlMessageBean;
    {code}

    The EJB container would automatically inject the stateless session bean as an instance variable on the MDB - no lookups, no home.create()s, no EJB refs. Let me know when I start sounding like a sales person. :-)

    Hope this helps,

    Andy

  2. Re: ejb 2.1 look up

    sorry brian the MDB calls the stateless session bean.

    ha, you dont sound like a sales person andy! i actually wanted to use JEE5 and ejb3.0 but i have to keep in line with the production server which we are using which is websphere 6.1, i emailed them about the feature pack for ejb 3.0 or update to WAS 7.0 but thats not going to happen so i have to work with ejb 2.1!

    Thanks for the reply, i will test that call today and see does it work.

    One question i have is about the EJB references in my enterprise application in admin console. I have an ejb reference for ReceiverMDB with Resource Reference ejb/TransformXMLMessageLocalHome but the Target Resource JNDI Name i have to set, as it is blank. I take it this is the same value or am i wrong?

    Thanks for the replies,
    Shane.

+ Reply to Thread