Retrieving the name of a cluster at runtime - Websphere

This is a discussion on Retrieving the name of a cluster at runtime - Websphere ; Hi I was hoping for a pointer. I need to externalise a properties file with some config info. Our deployment team want all config files storing on the same path per cluster. Internally in my Java logic I need to ...

  1. Retrieving the name of a cluster at runtime

    Hi I was hoping for a pointer.

    I need to externalise a properties file with some config info. Our deployment team want all config files storing on the same path per cluster.

    Internally in my Java logic I need to specify the path where the resource bundle resides. So I need to get the cluster name at runtime.

    I can use java.net.InetAddress to get the hostname but this is the box name.

    Does anyone have any pointers on how I can get the cluster name or where to look at runtime?

    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: Retrieving the name of a cluster at runtime

    > Internally in my Java logic I need to specify the path where the resource
    > bundle resides. So I need to get the cluster name at runtime.

    How do you currently load your Resource Bundle ?

    A Resource Bundle is normally loaded from the classloader, so your code does
    not need to know about directories.

    If it's outside your application archive, all it takes is an additional
    classpath entry.

    And this can be managed in WebSphere via a Shared Libraries.

  3. Re: Retrieving the name of a cluster at runtime

    No worries - as the properties fiel contains only one entry I'll set this up as a JNDI so i don't need to get the cluster name at runtime.

    Cheers

+ Reply to Thread