RMI via IIOP hang - Websphere

This is a discussion on RMI via IIOP hang - Websphere ; Hi, I've a client application that connects to a session bean on the same machine via iiop. The client application hangs when doing a context lookup on the bean. Restarted the WAS instance but does not solve the problem. However, ...

  1. RMI via IIOP hang

    Hi,

    I've a client application that connects to a session bean on the same machine via iiop.
    The client application hangs when doing a context lookup on the bean.

    Restarted the WAS instance but does not solve the problem. However, when the deployment manager was restarted, the problem was resolved.

    Would like to know if there's any dependencies between RMI invocation and node agent?

    Also, the reason deployment manager was restarted was due to the security settings not accessible in the admin console. So a restart solve the problem.

    Is there any relationship between the security settings in the admin console and RMI invocation?

    Note: I've 2 WAS instances managed by a deployment manager.

    Thanks.

    Chiew Boon.

  2. Re: RMI via IIOP hang

    Hi, were you connecting to a specific App Server or connecting to the Deployment Manager? If you are using WebSphere v6.1 or lower you will need to use connection parameters to specify the IIOP ports of the running servers.

    Regards,
    Brian

  3. Re: RMI via IIOP hang

    Hi,

    My environment is WAS 5.1.1.1

    The problem I'm facing now is not about configuration as this program had been running fine until one fine day where the program hangs due to iiop hang.

    So I'm actually trying to figure out the root cause that cause the iiop to hang.

    This is what happen:
    1. iiop hang
    2. restart the WAS instance only. (node agent left as it is)
    3. iiop still hang
    4. so restart deployment manager, node agent and WAS instance and the problem is resolved.

    Thanks.

    Chiew Boon.

+ Reply to Thread