Differentiate WAS Base edition and ND - Websphere

This is a discussion on Differentiate WAS Base edition and ND - Websphere ; Hello, We have websphere application server base and ND editions on our environment. We use a proprietary software called hpscan from Hp which use to scan a server for the presence of websphere instance running on the server. It scans ...

  1. Differentiate WAS Base edition and ND

    Hello,

    We have websphere application server base and ND editions on our environment. We use a proprietary software called hpscan from Hp which use to scan a server for the presence of websphere instance running on the server. It scans wasservice.exe to identify the WAS and alert us for license expiration. In our environment, some boxes are having both versions of websphere (base and ND)and all the time the software detects as base editions for ND also. Some boxes are running websphere ver 5 and 6 on the same box.

    I would like to know is there an easier way to differentiate websphere base and ND. I believe, binaries for both versions are same. I am looking a file which can differentiate these two versions perferably an exe file. Any suggestions or recommendations are highly appreciated.

    Thanks
    Sivakumar

  2. Re: Differentiate WAS Base edition and ND

    Hi,

    the 'versioninfo' would help:

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...6e%66%6f%22%20

    Sample output:
    For Base:
    Product List
    BASE installed

    Installed Product

    Name IBM WebSphere Application Server
    Version 6.0.1
    ID BASE
    Build Level m0451.03
    Build Date 12/19/2004

    For ND:

    Product List

    ND installed

    Installed Product

    Name IBM WebSphere Application Server - ND
    Version 6.1.0.19
    ID ND
    Build Level cf190836.04
    Build Date 9/9/08

  3. Re: Differentiate WAS Base edition and ND

    > It scans wasservice.exe to identify the WAS and alert us for license
    > expiration.

    Didn't know there was a time-based license outside the trial.

    > I would like to know is there an easier way to differentiate websphere
    > base and ND.

    It's mentionned in /AppServer/properties/version/WAS.product.

  4. Re: Differentiate WAS Base edition and ND

    the linkage posted above was invalid. Please use this instead:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...dex.jsp?topic=
    /com.ibm.websphere.nd.doc/info/ae/ae/rins_versionInfo.html

  5. Re: Differentiate WAS Base edition and ND

    Hi Rita,

    Thanks for your reply. I agree that versionInfo will display the websphere application server version and its details. My Scan software will not run the file and read the output to identify the version of WAS. I am looking for a specific file which would differentiate BASE and ND edition.

    Thanks
    Siva

  6. Re: Differentiate WAS Base edition and ND

    SIVAGCT@YAHOO.COM wrote:
    > Hi Rita,
    >
    > Thanks for your reply. I agree that versionInfo will display the websphere application server version and its details. My Scan software will not run the file and read the output to identify the version of WAS. I am looking for a specific file which would differentiate BASE and ND edition.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Siva

    Siva,
    Try /properties/version/WAS.product