WAS 7 Soap Timeout - Websphere

This is a discussion on WAS 7 Soap Timeout - Websphere ; Hey All, I know this is a common issue, but the solution doesn't seem to be working. The exception I get is: SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Read timed out; targetException=java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out This occurs when synchronizing a node or starting a ...

  1. WAS 7 Soap Timeout

    Hey All,

    I know this is a common issue, but the solution doesn't seem to be working. The exception I get is:

    SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Read timed out; targetException=java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

    This occurs when synchronizing a node or starting a server.

    When we used to use WAS 6, changing the timeout value in soap.client.props worked fine, but with our new WAS 7 install, it isn't helping. The properties have been changed on both the nodeagent, and deployment manager and both have been restarted to pick up the changes.

    However there still seems to be a 3 minute timeout value set to soap messages (the property is actually set to 1800, we also tried 0).

    Anybody seen anything like this?

    Thanks,
    Kohei.

  2. Re: WAS 7 Soap Timeout

    Kohei,

    Can you confirm you tried all the steps here? (looks like you tried Step #6 listed there)

    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...id=swg21242193

    thanks,
    dims

  3. Re: WAS 7 Soap Timeout

    Yes, I have tried those suggestions. The thing it is it not constrained to synchronising the node, it occurs when starting the server too.

  4. Re: WAS 7 Soap Timeout

    as a fix, we are now using the RMI port instead.

  5. Re: WAS 7 Soap Timeout

    What do yo you mean you are using RMI instead? Can you share some details on this. I am seeing the same issue and would like see if using RMI will resolve it.

  6. Re: WAS 7 Soap Timeout

    How did you configure the node agent to use RMI port?

+ Reply to Thread