Delete a profile, how? Strange errors - Websphere

This is a discussion on Delete a profile, how? Strange errors - Websphere ; I need to delete a profile (2 actually) where errors have occurred but am unable to using manageprofiles -delete -profileName nnn because the system comes back and says: The following validation errors were present with the command line arguments: profileName: ...

  1. Delete a profile, how? Strange errors

    I need to delete a profile (2 actually) where errors have occurred but am unable to using manageprofiles -delete -profileName nnn because the system comes back and says:

    The following validation errors were present with the command line arguments:
    profileName: Action can not be executed while server is running

    So entering the command ./stopServer server1 -user nnn -password nnn gives me:

    ADMU3100I: Reading configuration for server: server1
    ADMU0509I: The server "server1" cannot be reached. It appears to be stopped.

    I know its stopped because it never started after the startServer command and ps aux doesn't show anything. Doing a serverStatus gives me:

    ADMU0503I: Retrieving server status for all servers
    ADMU0505I: Servers found in configuration:
    ADMU0506I: Server name: webserver1
    ADMU0506I: Server name: server1
    ADMU0508I: The Web server "webserver1" is RUNNING
    ADMU0509I: The Application Server "server1" cannot be reached. It appears to be
    stopped.

    So it 'appears' to be stopped yet according to other messages, it isn't stopped. Any ideas on how to delete the profile would be much appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Seb

  2. Re: Delete a profile, how? Strange errors

    swelton@csihome.com wrote:
    > I need to delete a profile (2 actually) where errors have occurred but am unable to using manageprofiles -delete -profileName nnn because the system comes back and says:
    >
    > The following validation errors were present with the command line arguments:
    > profileName: Action can not be executed while server is running
    >
    > So entering the command ./stopServer server1 -user nnn -password nnn gives me:
    >
    > ADMU3100I: Reading configuration for server: server1
    > ADMU0509I: The server "server1" cannot be reached. It appears to be stopped.
    >
    > I know its stopped because it never started after the startServer command and ps aux doesn't show anything. Doing a serverStatus gives me:
    >
    > ADMU0503I: Retrieving server status for all servers
    > ADMU0505I: Servers found in configuration:
    > ADMU0506I: Server name: webserver1
    > ADMU0506I: Server name: server1
    > ADMU0508I: The Web server "webserver1" is RUNNING
    > ADMU0509I: The Application Server "server1" cannot be reached. It appears to be
    > stopped.
    >
    > So it 'appears' to be stopped yet according to other messages, it isn't stopped. Any ideas on how to delete the profile would be much appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Seb

    This is just a WAG, but try deleting the .pid file in that server's log
    directory

    Ken

  3. Re: Delete a profile, how? Strange errors

    Hi,

    Pls check the SystemOut.log for the server1 , whether it is successfully stopped

    or try ome more time to start/stop the server then delete the profile using manageprofile

    thanks,
    karuppiah

  4. Re: Delete a profile, how? Strange errors

    Another thing to check for is the presence of a 'pid' file in the app
    server log dir. If this exists then it appears to be running.
    Cat the pid file and do a ps -ef | grep to see if it running and
    if so kill -9

  5. Re: Delete a profile, how? Strange errors

    Hi Swelton !
    It is clear that the WebServer, part of the profile is running. Stop the Web Server as well and try deleting the profile with manageprofiles

    - Karun

+ Reply to Thread