jacc - policy propogation - accessing the context-root fromapplication.xml - Websphere

This is a discussion on jacc - policy propogation - accessing the context-root fromapplication.xml - Websphere ; Hi, I am trying to propagate policy of an web application that is being deployed on websphere 6.1. I am able to find the application name from the contextId, that is set by websphere. But, i would also like to ...

  1. jacc - policy propogation - accessing the context-root fromapplication.xml

    Hi,

    I am trying to propagate policy of an web application that is being deployed on websphere 6.1.
    I am able to find the application name from the contextId, that is set by websphere.
    But, i would also like to know the value of _+context-root+_ that is specified in the application.xml, in my implementation of CustomPolicyConfiguration.

    Has any one ever tried this out. I can find the value being present in some of the internal classes of websphere (com.ibm.ws.security.authorize.AppInstallNotify) while i looked over the threads.

    Is there a way to find the same.

    Thanks in advance.
    Karthik

  2. Re: jacc - policy propogation - accessing the context-root fromapplication.xml

    Hi, could you be a little more specific about the policy you are trying to implement?

    Regards,
    Brian

  3. Re: jacc - policy propogation - accessing the context-root fromapplication

    Thanks for the response Brian.

    *Overview:*
    I am writing a provider to access the security policy information of an application that i just deployed.
    I have implemented PolicyConfiguration and RoleConfiguration interfaces and i have extended the PolicyConfigurationFactory and RoleConfigurationFactory classes to return my implementation of PolicyConfiguration and RoleConfiguration.

    *Problem:*
    The setup is all working fine. My implementation of PolicyConfiguration and RoleConfiguration are working fine. I am able to access the declared security policy that i have defined in *+web.xml+*.

    I am able to find out the application name (basically the *+display-name+* from application.xml) from the default contextId that get in getPolicyConfiguration(String contextId, boolean remove) method of PolicyConfigurationFactory.

    I am also able to find the *+web-uri+* of the web module too (present in application.xml).
    The above two values are found using the contextId (which is of form href:cellName/appName/moduleName).

    But, i would like to know the *+context-root+* value of the web application that i have deployed.

    How do i get this value. Are there some APIs or SPIs that you provide to access these values from my implementation of PolicyConfiguration/PolicyConfigurationFactory.

    Regards,
    Karthik

+ Reply to Thread