start/stop clusters - Websphere

This is a discussion on start/stop clusters - Websphere ; Hi, We have WAS ND6.1.0.11 on Solaris. Some of the clusters are always in (showing) the stopped state even though its cluster members are running. I am unable to do start/stop operations on the cluster. Its very time consuming to ...

  1. start/stop clusters

    Hi,

    We have WAS ND6.1.0.11 on Solaris. Some of the clusters are always in (showing) the stopped state even though its cluster members are running. I am unable to do start/stop operations on the cluster. Its very time consuming to stop/start individual app servers. I was trying to find some clue about this but no luck so far.

    +Start operation on RMCluster failed: Start operation failed because another administrative operation: Start is already in progress+

    This is the kind of error I always get. If any body came across this problem pls let me know. nodes and dmgr are always are in sync.

    Srini.

  2. Re: start/stop clusters

    Have you tried stopping the server manually via the command line and
    then trying to start in through administration console. The idea
    being the node agent kicks off the server restart, not the user you
    are logged in as.

  3. Re: start/stop clusters

    Very Simple. But, careful!

    1. Delete the Cluster members from the admin console.
    2. Search for all files & directories which have been created for the cluster members from the command line (either windows or linux)
    3. Delete the above files and directories (because you don't need them and clearing up this data will help you in the next step)
    4. Delete the Cluster
    5. Again, search for all files/directories created for this cluster from the command line and delete them.
    6. Create a new Cluster and new cluster members.
    7. Finally, deploy the applications.

    All is well that ends well. Hope this helps!

+ Reply to Thread