WAS + SIB + MQLink + Websphere MQ & dynamic reply-to queue - Websphere

This is a discussion on WAS + SIB + MQLink + Websphere MQ & dynamic reply-to queue - Websphere ; Hi, I thought there would be at least one thread on the forum for this, but I could not find any. Here is my question: (using WAS 6.1.x, WMQ 6.0) *Scenario:* VB App Websphere MQ MQLink SIB WAS Application. External ...

  1. WAS + SIB + MQLink + Websphere MQ & dynamic reply-to queue

    Hi, I thought there would be at least one thread on the forum for this, but I could not find any.
    Here is my question: (using WAS 6.1.x, WMQ 6.0)

    *Scenario:*
    VB App Websphere MQ MQLink SIB WAS Application.

    External applications(non java) send message to websphere MQ (say
    input.q) and waits for response on a dynamic queue.
    "input.q" is a remote queue linked to a "queue" destination on SIB.
    So, the message from Websphere MQ "input.q" is transmitted
    to SIB via MQLink and WAS Application gets message.

    Since client is waiting for response on a dynamic queue, the message's "reply-to" field contains a dynamic queue name. How can the Websphere application communicate to this dynamic reply-to queue using SIB? We can link a permanent queue on a WMQ through SIB alias queue. But how to go about dynamic queues? Is this possible?
    Or do we have to use MQ/JMS (with explicit queue name)?

    TIA
    R.C

  2. Re: WAS + SIB + MQLink + Websphere MQ & dynamic reply-to queue

    **bump***

    TIA
    R.C

  3. Re: WAS + SIB + MQLink + Websphere MQ & dynamic reply-to queue

    Hi, the application is responsible for filling out the header fields with the correct information (ie. response Qmgr and response Queue). Since you are using the MQ link, it should know the QMgr and forward the message back to the QMgr and it is the Qmgrs responsibility to find the Dynamic Queue. If the Dynamic Queue is no longer there you will find error messages in the WMQ log.

    Regards,
    Brian

+ Reply to Thread