How to link a file to a URL - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to link a file to a URL - Websphere ; Hi, I am having an application installed on WebSphere Application Server. This Application generates some files based on the input given by the client in the format specified. These files are stored in a subfolder under the application folder in ...

  1. How to link a file to a URL

    Hi,
    I am having an application installed on WebSphere Application Server. This Application generates some files based on the input given by the client in the format specified.

    These files are stored in a subfolder under the application folder in WebSphere.

    Now i want these files to be retrieved from the client machine through a URL (which is sent to the client as a response of the above application invocation).

    Can you please help me out how can this be achieved.

  2. Re: How to link a file to a URL

    dishank.goyal@tcs.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am having an application installed on WebSphere Application Server. This Application generates some files based on the input given by the client in the format specified.
    >
    > These files are stored in a subfolder under the application folder in WebSphere.
    >
    > Now i want these files to be retrieved from the client machine through a URL (which is sent to the client as a response of the above application invocation).
    >
    > Can you please help me out how can this be achieved.

    You could either have them served by an HTTP server or your web
    application.

    HTTP Server: put the files in the docroot of the HTTP server, and
    they'll work like any URL.

    Web Application:
    First, you'll need to enable File Serving in your web application. This
    is done in the ibm-web-ext.xmi file.
    Then, you'll dump the files to
    /installedApps//.ear/.war

    And serve them with