WSSubject.getCallerSubject() return null always - Websphere

This is a discussion on WSSubject.getCallerSubject() return null always - Websphere ; Hi, I have configured a login module through -Djava.security.auth.login.config JVM option, and try to authenticate application user through a login Servlet. Following config is present currently. 1. Enabled Global Security, configured the default active registry as LDAP for admin console ...

  1. WSSubject.getCallerSubject() return null always

    Hi,
    I have configured a login module through -Djava.security.auth.login.config JVM option, and try to authenticate application user through a login Servlet.
    Following config is present currently.
    1. Enabled Global Security, configured the default active registry as LDAP for admin console users login. Application Security is ON and Java 2 Security is OFF.
    2. SSO is enabled, LTPA is enabled, all to default. No Login module added under system login or application logins.
    3. Login Module is configured through JAAS configuration through -D option.
    4. No security constraint configured in web.xml, login page submits to LoginServlet. In LoginServlet, I invoke my login module, getting the subject, saving the subject using WSSubject.setRunAsSubject(subject).
    5. In one of my JSP, I tried to print few information.
    6. Always WSSecurity.getCallerSubject() return null, very first time WSSecurity.getRunAsSubject() a subject object with only principal which I sent in my login module, but anytime in future, in same session, it return /UNAUTHENTICATED.
    7. EJB call "sessionContext.getCallerPrincipal" also return "null".

    Please help me where I am doing mistake. I also tried http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...thentprog.html

    i.e. cloning WEB_INBOUND login config, still no success.

    Please suggest. I can share my sample application if required.

    Thanks,
    Saurabh

  2. Re: WSSubject.getCallerSubject() return null always

    I am using WebSphere 6.1.0.19 Base Server.

+ Reply to Thread