High CPU Utilization 300% on WAS 6.1.0.19 - Websphere

This is a discussion on High CPU Utilization 300% on WAS 6.1.0.19 - Websphere ; Our web application is running on WAS6.1.0.19. It looks like CPU utilization of Websphere application server is more than 300% and it caused the web application very slow. Fix pack of 6.1.0.19 fix lists say that WAS6.1.0.19 has a fix ...

  1. High CPU Utilization 300% on WAS 6.1.0.19

    Our web application is running on WAS6.1.0.19. It looks like CPU utilization of Websphere application server is more than 300% and it caused the web application very slow. Fix pack of 6.1.0.19 fix lists say that WAS6.1.0.19 has a fix for CPU utilization but doesn't seems to be working . I am also not sure about why the CPU utilization of WAS is taking around 300% and more than that? In addition to that, CPU utilization getting more when I working on Websphere Application server admin consule. Please let me know how to control the CPU utilization or how to find out where the memory leakage is happening? Also note that we have configured the heap memory and doesn't fix the cpu utilization.

    I am looking for help from WAS experts like you.

    Thanks,
    Rama

  2. Re: High CPU Utilization 300% on WAS 6.1.0.19

    ramalink@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Our web application is running on WAS6.1.0.19. It looks like CPU utilization of Websphere application server is more than 300% and it caused the web application very slow. Fix pack of 6.1.0.19 fix lists say that WAS6.1.0.19 has a fix for CPU utilization but doesn't seems to be working . I am also not sure about why the CPU utilization of WAS is taking around 300% and more than that? In addition to that, CPU utilization getting more when I working on Websphere Application server admin consule. Please let me know how to control the CPU utilization or how to find out where the memory leakage is happening? Also note that we have configured the heap memory and doesn't fix the cpu utilization.
    >
    > I am looking for help from WAS experts like you.
    >

    > Thanks,
    > Rama

    CPU utilization cannot be more than 100%. I suspect you're misreading
    something.

    Ken

  3. Re: High CPU Utilization 300% on WAS 6.1.0.19

    On Jan 5, 10:29*pm, Ken Hygh wrote:
    > ramal...@yahoo.com wrote:
    > > Our web application is running on WAS6.1.0.19. It looks like CPU utilization of Websphere application server is more than 300% and it caused the web application very slow. Fix pack of 6.1.0.19 fix lists say that WAS6.1.0.19 has a fix for CPU utilization but doesn't seems to be working . I am also not sure about why the CPU utilization of WAS is taking around 300% and more than that? *In addition to that, CPU utilization getting more when I working on Websphere Application server admin consule. *Please let me know how to control the CPU utilization or how to find out where the memory leakage is happening? *Also note that we have configured the heap memory and doesn't fix the cpu utilization.

    > > I am looking for help from WAS experts like you.

    > > Thanks,
    > > Rama

    > CPU utilization cannot be more than 100%. I suspect you're misreading
    > something.
    >
    > Ken

    do you have more information about that WAS 6.1.0.19 fix ?

  4. Re: High CPU Utilization 300% on WAS 6.1.0.19

    Memory leak analysis for production systems ( Section at above link )

    Regards,
    Ashish

  5. Re: High CPU Utilization 300% on WAS 6.1.0.19

+ Reply to Thread