WAS6.1 DistributedMap / DistributedObjectCache - Websphere

This is a discussion on WAS6.1 DistributedMap / DistributedObjectCache - Websphere ; We're trying to use the distributed map feature in Websphere 6.1 to store state related to web services which must be reliably available. We're running in a Websphere cluster, and I've created an object cache instance via the Administrative Console ...

  1. WAS6.1 DistributedMap / DistributedObjectCache

    We're trying to use the distributed map feature in Websphere 6.1 to store state related to web services which must be reliably available. We're running in a Websphere cluster, and I've created an object cache instance via the Administrative Console that is in the cluster's replication domain, and I have enabled replication of the cache. What I seem to be running into is that there's no guarantee that when one cluster member puts something in the cache, a different cluster member will be in synch when you call methods on it. So I'm putting something in the cache on server1, but I'm making another web service call that gets router to server2 fast enough that the cache entry from server1 isn't found on server2. If I use a remote debugger and effectively slow down the execution on server2 by using a breakpoint and stepping through the map.get call, I actually get the cached value, which makes me think this is just a synchronization issue, but I was hoping that when server2 called the map.get method, the distributed map implementation would block until the cache replication synchronization was done. Is there some configuration I can change to make the distributed map work synchronously in this fashion, or is this just not what the distributed map was intended for?

    Greg

  2. Re: WAS6.1 DistributedMap / DistributedObjectCache

    Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

    I am having exactly the same issue and I cannot find a solution within WebSphere!

+ Reply to Thread