Hpw to get the group information for the user immediately - Websphere

This is a discussion on Hpw to get the group information for the user immediately - Websphere ; Hi, In WPS6, we are using puma (com.ibm.portal.um.PumaHome) for getting the group information for the user from LDAP. If I change the group information for the user, the takes some time to reflect the new group. But in the LDAP, ...

  1. Hpw to get the group information for the user immediately

    Hi,
    In WPS6, we are using puma (com.ibm.portal.um.PumaHome) for getting the group information for the user from LDAP.

    If I change the group information for the user, the takes some time to reflect the new group. But in the LDAP, it is updating the group information immediately...

    Please guide me to get the correct group info for the user right immediately after changing the group for the user..

  2. Re: Hpw to get the group information for the user immediately

    Where are you doing the change from? PUMA or somewhere else? Puma has a cache and will pull from there first, you can disable this cache but at the cost of performance

  3. Re: Hpw to get the group information for the user immediately

    Using PUMA we are getting the group information for the user from LDAP.

    When I login with the user, the updated group information for the user is not reflecting. It will take some time to reflect the updated group information for the user.

    Is it anything to do with the WMM cache?

  4. Re: Hpw to get the group information for the user immediately

    Sorry my question was not on how you were retrieving but what was doing the updates? How is the data getting updated into the ldap? is it from some other app?

    But puma cache and wmm cache are separate, but both are a factor here

  5. Re: Hpw to get the group information for the user immediately

    You may want to turn the caches in wmm.xml off. You may also want to adjust the PUMA caches according to the following technote,
    http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.w...id=swg21286136

    -FF

  6. Re: Hpw to get the group information for the user immediately

    Thanks a lot for your reply.

    other application is updating the group info to LDAP.
    we are just retrieving the info from LDAP.

+ Reply to Thread