Unable to view the link generated by wpsUrl - Websphere

This is a discussion on Unable to view the link generated by wpsUrl - Websphere ; Hi All, We are provind a link in theme to edit the page layout, on click of which it will open a page which has the portlet of editing layout of the page. following code is being used. wps-internal:adminlinkinfo name=" ...

  1. Unable to view the link generated by wpsUrl

    Hi All,
    We are provind a link in theme to edit the page layout, on click of which it will open a page which has the portlet of editing layout of the page.
    following code is being used.

    wps-internal:adminlinkinfo
    name="

    wps:urlGeneration
    contentNode="wps.ep.CustomizePageToolAndResources"
    portletWindowState="Normal"
    pacCheck="

    wps:urlParam
    name="
    wps:urlParam
    name=" "
    value="
    wps:urlParam
    name=" "
    value="
    wps:urlParam
    name=" "
    value="
    wps:urlParam
    name="

    td class="td_label_space" valign="middle"
    align=" a
    href="

    content node 'wps.ep.ToolsResources' is present.
    user has got access on the page where this link is to be shown, user has access on the page where this link points to and also on the portlet. User is able to view the page but teh link generated by 'wpsURL' is not visible to the user.

    Any help in this will be highly appreciated.

    Regards,

    Prashant.

  2. Re: Unable to view the link generated by wpsUrl

    Hi,
    I think the code i was referring did not get posted earlier..
    following is the code that is being referred.

    * *

[...]

    **

  3. Re: Unable to view the link generated by wpsUrl

    does he have edit access to the page?

  4. Re: Unable to view the link generated by wpsUrl

    Hi Jim,
    We have a code in theme's Default.jsp which provides a link on the page which points to the portal page containg 'Edit Layout' portlet. Earlier this used to work fine and suddenly the link started disappearing (No changes were performed).

    I have attached the Default.jsp with this post , code from line no 360 to 620 has the logic for displaying the link. As per our analysis code till line no 367 works fine.

    Can you please provide your valuable inputs on this.

    Regards,

    Prashant.

  5. Re: Unable to view the link generated by wpsUrl

    More to add on this,
    Now if the user is made as part of the group Portal Admin he/she gets to see that link. Unique Names for the pages are correctly given.

    Regards,

    Prashant.

  6. Re: Unable to view the link generated by wpsUrl

    sounds like a portal acl issue, Can you tell me what the acls are set for the page you are generating the link to are?

  7. Re: Unable to view the link generated by wpsUrl

    Jim,

    The users are the part of group and group is having the 'user' permission on that page

    The other users in that group are able to see the link but we are not able to figure out why only this user is not able to see the link

    Appriciate your help

  8. Re: Unable to view the link generated by wpsUrl

    well the link you are creating is doing a pac check for edit access to the page, a user with only "user" role on the page does not have that permission they need at least priv user or higher to the page