steps for fixpack on websphere application server 6.1? - Websphere

This is a discussion on steps for fixpack on websphere application server 6.1? - Websphere ; Hi, Can somebody suggest the steps for implementing fixpack on websphere application server nd 6.1..... regards sm...

  1. steps for fixpack on websphere application server 6.1?

    Hi,

    Can somebody suggest the steps for implementing fixpack on websphere application server nd 6.1.....

    regards
    sm

  2. Re: steps for fixpack on websphere application server 6.1?

    smahatab@india.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can somebody suggest the steps for implementing fixpack on websphere application server nd 6.1.....
    >

    > regards
    > sm

    What's not clear in the instructions?
    Ken

  3. Re: steps for fixpack on websphere application server 6.1?

    Hi,
    Here r the steps for fixpack installation in below links or just go through the readme file from the fixpack download:

    Installing a fix pack with silent install:

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce..._silfixpk.html

    Installing a fix pack using the graphical user interface:

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...pdi_fixpk.html

  4. Re: steps for fixpack on websphere application server 6.1?

    when i click the link "http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v6r1/index.jsp?topic=/co%20m.ibm.websphere.nd.doc/info/ae/ae/tins_updi_fixpk.html" provided by you its not showing any content.

    its giving me the below error msg:

    "The topic that you have requested is not available. The link may be wrong, or you may not have the corresponding product feature installed. This online help only includes documentation for features that are installed."

  5. Re: steps for fixpack on websphere application server 6.1?

    will you please provide me the list where i can find the fix packs reqired for Websphere application server ND v 6.1.0.9

  6. Re: steps for fixpack on websphere application server 6.1?

    ashok.andena@palm.com wrote:
    > when i click the link "http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v6r1/index.jsp?topic=/co%20m.ibm.websphere.nd.doc/info/ae/ae/tins_updi_fixpk.html" provided by you its not showing any content.
    >
    > its giving me the below error msg:
    >
    > "The topic that you have requested is not available. The link may be wrong, or you may not have the corresponding product feature installed. This online help only includes documentation for features that are installed."

    remove the %20 from the url. It's unhelpfully added by the forum
    software here.

    Ken

  7. Re: steps for fixpack on websphere application server 6.1?

    ashok.andena@palm.com wrote:
    > will you please provide me the list where i can find the fix packs reqired for Websphere application server ND v 6.1.0.9

    There aren't any fixpacks required by 6.1.0.9. If you want to step up to
    the latest level, see
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...id=swg27004980

    Ken

  8. Re: steps for fixpack on websphere application server 6.1?

    hi i am vinod

    if you want to install fix pack first you have to install update installer in your system it allows to install any fix pack on your system and it should have a more version no than your currently installed version of application server after that you have to install install.exe that is fix pack installation as you said 6.0.2.23

    so you do one thing
    1)first download update installer it may be version 7 and install it in your system
    2)download application server 6.0.2.23 i.e. fix pack installation and install it using install.exe like launchpad

    then you get to know successfully installed fix pack by checking the version information, however,
    before installation of fix pack you have to find version of WAS by using versionInfo command on command prompt in WAS-root and note that version no. i.e 6.0.2
    after installation also you do same thing then you would find the version as 6.0.2.23

    and let me know the above method is correct or wrong once you done

    thanks ,
    bala

+ Reply to Thread