Problem migrating struts portlet from WPS 6.0 to WPS 6.1 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Problem migrating struts portlet from WPS 6.0 to WPS 6.1 - Websphere ; Hi, i want to deploy a struts portlet, which is working fine on WPS6.0 on WPS6.1. but I get the following exception javax.portlet.PortletException: javax.portlet.PortletException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Exception forwarding for name Init: javax.servlet.ServletException: com.ibm.ws.portletcontainer.core.rd.impl.IncludedS ervletRequestImpl incompatible with javax.portlet.RenderRequest at com.ibm.portal.struts.command.StrutsViewJspCommand .includeURL(StrutsViewJspCommand.java:192) at ...

  1. Problem migrating struts portlet from WPS 6.0 to WPS 6.1

    Hi,

    i want to deploy a struts portlet, which is working fine on WPS6.0 on WPS6.1.

    but I get the following exception

    javax.portlet.PortletException: javax.portlet.PortletException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Exception forwarding for name Init: javax.servlet.ServletException: com.ibm.ws.portletcontainer.core.rd.impl.IncludedS ervletRequestImpl incompatible with javax.portlet.RenderRequest
    at com.ibm.portal.struts.command.StrutsViewJspCommand .includeURL(StrutsViewJspCommand.java:192)
    at com.ibm.portal.struts.command.StrutsViewJspCommand .execute(StrutsViewJspCommand.java:154)
    at com.ibm.wps.standard.struts.util.WpsStrutsUtil.exe cuteCommand(WpsStrutsUtil.java:1344)
    at com.ibm.wps.standard.struts.util.WpsStrutsUtil.exe cuteCommand(WpsStrutsUtil.java:1303)
    at com.ibm.wps.standard.struts.util.WpsStrutsUtil.exe cuteSavedCommand(WpsStrutsUtil.java:1218)
    at com.ibm.portal.struts.portlet.StrutsPortlet.doServ ice(StrutsPortlet.java:1131)

    The error is thrown here: ""
    The forward "Init" is not the problem, it is configured properly.
    Could it be a problem with the taglib?

    Please help me to fix this.
    Thanks!

  2. Re: Problem migrating struts portlet from WPS 6.0 to WPS 6.1

    you HAVE to upgrade the struts jars

    please see the struts apps in 6.1 installableApps

    Jim

  3. Re: Problem migrating struts portlet from WPS 6.0 to WPS 6.1

    Thx for the fast answer!
    Where can I get the new struts jars from and which version do I have to use?
    These: http://struts.apache.org/download.cgi#struts2012 ?

  4. Re: Problem migrating struts portlet from WPS 6.0 to WPS 6.1

    sorry for not being clearer, under installableApps there are several struts apps you need to get the jars from those and update the jars in your war then update it into portal

  5. Re: Problem migrating struts portlet from WPS 6.0 to WPS 6.1

    Hi,

    You can use the struts jars from the any of the war files found in /InstallableApps/
    like

    SPFStandardBlank.war/SPFStandardClock.war

    you can find the jars inside WEB-INF/lib folder

    Please make sure that u copy all struts related jars as internal jars(Inside ur war file)

    Thanks for Jim, he also helped us in this issue

    Thanks and Regards
    Selva

  6. Re: Problem migrating struts portlet from WPS 6.0 to WPS 6.1

    We are also having issues migrating from Portal 5.1 to 6.1

    We have a struts application that worked fine in Portal 5.1 but when we try to run it on Portal 6.1 we are having issues passing paramaters between the action class's and the jsp's.

    in the action class we use request.getPortletSession().setAttribute() but when forwarded to the jsp it can no longer find the object. Same issue when we set paramaters from the jsp to action class.

    We followed the info center and also updated the struts jar files from one of the sample apps but this didn't resolve the issue.

  7. Re: Problem migrating struts portlet from WPS 6.0 to WPS 6.1

    I am migration from portal 5.1 to 6.1. I have followed steps necessary for Struts migration under

    Link: [http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...g_struts.html]

    I have issues with the Struts Action Form set to session.

    1. Action A1 uses Actionform F1 and is forwarded to JSP J1.

    before forwarding to JSP J1, Actionform F1 is prepopulated with values and is set to portletsession(also is session scope in strutsconfig.xml)

    Problem: submit from JSP J1, does some processing forwards to the same JSP J1 for getting new values using the same form F1. But this time the old collections in F1 returns null throwing a null pointer exception.

    Note :I was able to get this working by explicitly setting all the collections to session. but this doesn't makes sense of the form being in session.
    Note: also if we set the form to httpsession instead of portletsession it works

    2. Action A1 uses Actionform F1 and is forwarded to JSP J1.

    Same Action A1 is forwarded to JSP J2 (Look Up dispatch action).

    JSP J2 is associated to ActionFrom F2 and needs some values prepopulated before being forwarded from Action A1.

    In Action A1 we do the following to populate ActionFrom F2:

    ActionForm F2 = new ActionFrom();
    F2.setvalues(collections)
    F2 is set to portletsession (Note: if we set the form to httpsession instead of portletsession it works)

    Submit action throws null pointer or failed obtain collection since the collection is null.

  8. Re: Problem migrating struts portlet from WPS 6.0 to WPS 6.1

    Hi satish

    i am migrating the strust portlet from 6.0 to 6.1 ...
    i am aslo facing the same issue, is the issue has been solved for u..can u please help me in resolving the issue....a bit urgency..........

    Regards
    Chaitanya

  9. Re: Problem migrating struts portlet from WPS 6.0 to WPS 6.1

    I'm having the same issue. Anybody solved it?

    I have a work around which is the following.
    But I'm hoping I do not have to change all the jsp's we have for the migration.

    In Action:
    request.getPortletSession().setAttribute("varName", varValue);

    In jsp:

    But will not work if used:

    Thank you,

  10. Re: Problem migrating struts portlet from WPS 6.0 to WPS 6.1

    Having exactly the same problem this end. "Exception forwarding for name welcome" etc.

    We have tried every combination of JAR files from the 6.1 apps but no luck. IBM, what is going on here? We upgraded RAD to 7.5.4 and are using Portal 6.1, but this is bordering on ridiculous. We also tried creating the 7.5.4 BASIC struts app, as simple as it gets and OUT OF THE BOX it will not deploy to 6.1.

    Anybody?

  11. Re: Problem migrating struts portlet from WPS 6.0 to WPS 6.1

    Tried that, but still no luck.

    We have tried every combination of JAR files from the 6.1 apps but no luck. IBM, what is going on here? We upgraded RAD to 7.5.4 and are using Portal 6.1, but this is bordering on ridiculous. We also tried creating the 7.5.4 BASIC struts app, as simple as it gets and OUT OF THE BOX it will not deploy to 6.1.

    Anybody?

  12. Re: Problem migrating struts portlet from WPS 6.0 to WPS 6.1

    Even I have the same problem. Since I had to upgrade to Portal 6.1, I had make lots of code changes. All the attributes like ArrayLists that we added to the session, I had to now add them to the ActionForm instead and access it in the jsp.

    If someone finds an easily solution for this please let me know immediately.

+ Reply to Thread