O/S: SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 9 (i586), VERSION = 9, PATCHLEVEL =
2
HTTP: IBM_HTTP_Server/6.0.2.29 Apache/2.0.47

By default in the plugin-cfg.xml Value="true"/> is set. In our environment, one HTTP server services a
number of versions of the same application (DEV, SYS, UAT, DEMO etc)
in individual app servers.

We were getting a large number of 404 errors, and discovered after a
lot of trial & error that the http server was serving a file (in our
case global.js) from the cache. The problem was that the cache seemed
to have only one copy. So it would serve that to the browser, which
could have been from the DEV environment and the browser was aimed at
the UAT environment.

We set ESIEnable to false and the 404 errors stopped.

Is this "expected" behaviour?
Is there another setting to isolate the environments?