JVM terminated. Exit code=160 when using MQ Explorer help - Websphere

This is a discussion on JVM terminated. Exit code=160 when using MQ Explorer help - Websphere ; Hello I am running: Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS 5.2 WebSphere MQ 7.0 Any time I try to use help from within Explorer I there is a long pause then Explorer fails and I get the following message: JVM terminated. ...

  1. JVM terminated. Exit code=160 when using MQ Explorer help

    Hello
    I am running:
    Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS 5.2
    WebSphere MQ 7.0

    Any time I try to use help from within Explorer I there is a long pause then Explorer fails and I get the following message:

    JVM terminated. Exit code=160
    /opt/mqm/eclipseSDK33/eclipse/../../java/jre/bin/javaw
    -Xj9
    -Xmx512M
    -DMQCHLLIB=
    -DMQCHLTAB=
    -D"java.library.path=/opt/mqm/java/lib:/opt/mqm/lib"
    -jar /opt/mqm/eclipseSDK33/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.1.R33x_v20070828. jar
    -os linux
    -ws gtk
    -arch x86
    -showsplash
    -launcher /opt/mqm/eclipseSDK33/eclipse/eclipse
    -name Eclipse
    --launcher.library /opt/mqm/eclipseSDK33/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk.linux.x86_1.0.2.R 331_v20071019/eclipse_1021.so
    -startup /opt/mqm/eclipseSDK33/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.1.R33x_v20070828. jar
    -exitdata 4e0001
    -product com.ibm.mq.explorer.ui.rcp.RcpApplication
    -data /home/maryann/.mqdata
    -vm /opt/mqm/eclipseSDK33/eclipse/../../java/jre/bin/javaw
    -vmargs
    -Xj9
    -Xmx512M
    -DMQCHLLIB=
    -DMQCHLTAB=
    -D"java.library.path=/opt/mqm/java/lib:/opt/mqm/lib"
    -jar /opt/mqm/eclipseSDK33/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.1.R33x_v20070828. jar

    Any help would be appreciated.

  2. Re: JVM terminated. Exit code=160 when using MQ Explorer help

    hmmm. so I posted as question without actually asking the question:

    What am I missing/doing wrong/etc???

  3. Re: JVM terminated. Exit code=160 when using MQ Explorer help

    I have similar problem solved successfully. After installation you can find a directory /opt/mqm/eclipse and another one /opt/mqm/eclipseSDK33/eclipse. The later is used to run wmq explorer but the previous one contains the plugins to use. So the /opt/mqm/eclipse directory's content must be copied/merged into/with /opt/mqm/eclipseSDK33/eclipse. To accomplish this you need cmhod u+w the eclipse, plugins and the feautures dirs. You also must chmod u+w /opt/mqm/eclipseSDK33/eclipse/configuration/ as after start the eclipse try to create dirs inside. Of course if you are not running it as mqm you should chmod g+w respectively.
    After this modifications it is almost working as first time the default perspective is not the explorer one so you must select is from the menu window/select prespective.
    bye
    steve

  4. Re: JVM terminated. Exit code=160 when using MQ Explorer help

    The problem here could also be related to the issue outlined in the following DCF Technote:
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...=utf-8&lang=en

    Basically, there is a known issue when running the Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) browser inside Eclipse on some Linux distributions when the default browser is Firefox. To resolve the problem you need to set the "MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME" environment variable for firefox. If Firefox is installed in /usr/lib/firefox-3.0.10, then you can use the following command:
    export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/usr/lib/firefox-3.0.10
    or if using the 'csh' shell or similar:
    setenv MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME /usr/lib/firefox-3.0.10

    Hope that helps.

+ Reply to Thread