SSL0267E: SSL Handshake Failed, Timeout during handshake operation. - Websphere

This is a discussion on SSL0267E: SSL Handshake Failed, Timeout during handshake operation. - Websphere ; I am getting "SSL0267E: SSL Handshake Failed, Timeout during handshake operation." error message on production servers since couple of days. I checked the timeout setting on HTTP server conf file and it is set to 300 seconds. Load on the ...

  1. SSL0267E: SSL Handshake Failed, Timeout during handshake operation.

    I am getting "SSL0267E: SSL Handshake Failed, Timeout during handshake operation." error message on production servers since couple of days. I checked the timeout setting on HTTP server conf file and it is set to 300 seconds. Load on the servers is also not too bad. Certificates have not expired. Please let me know what could be the problem?

  2. Re: SSL0267E: SSL Handshake Failed, Timeout during handshake operation.

    >I am getting "SSL0267E: SSL Handshake Failed, Timeout during handshake
    >operation." error message on production servers since couple of days. I
    >checked the timeout setting on HTTP server conf file and it is set to 300
    >seconds. Load on the servers is also not too bad. Certificates have not
    >expired. Please let me know what could be the problem?

    See if the following makes sense to your environment.

    "
    These errors are commonly seen when the HTTP Server presents the self-signed
    certificate to a browser client and the browser closes the SSL connection to
    display a warning pop-up that the server certificate is not from a
    well-known certificate authority. When this pop-up occurs, the pending SSL
    session is terminated by the browser until the user responds to the prompt
    to continue with the connection.

    The solution is to either:
    1) Purchase a new client SSL certificate from a trusted certificate
    authority.
    2) Modify HTTP server logging so that these classes of errors are not
    logged.
    3) Ignore these errors.
    "
    (http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...id=swg21299918)

  3. Re: SSL0267E: SSL Handshake Failed, Timeout during handshakeoperation.

    On Oct 27, 12:33*pm, "Ben_" wrote:
    > >I am getting "SSL0267E:SSLHandshakeFailed,Timeoutduringhandshake
    > >operation." error message on production servers since couple of days. I
    > >checked thetimeoutsetting on HTTP server conf file and it is set to 300
    > >seconds. Load on the servers is also not too bad. Certificates have not
    > >expired. Please let me know what could be the problem?

    > See if the following makes sense to your environment.
    >
    > "
    > These errors are commonly seen when the HTTP Server presents the self-signed
    > certificate to a browser client and the browser closes theSSLconnection to
    > display a warning pop-up that the server certificate is not from a
    > well-known certificate authority. When this pop-up occurs, the pendingSSL
    > session is terminated by the browser until the user responds to the prompt
    > to continue with the connection.
    >
    > The solution is to either:
    > 1) Purchase a new clientSSLcertificate from a trusted certificate
    > authority.
    > 2) Modify HTTP server logging so that these classes of errors are not
    > logged.
    > 3) Ignore these errors.
    > "
    > (http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...id=swg21299918)

    Thanks.

    I checked the certificate and it has been issued by a certified
    authority. Can you tell me how to modify HTTP Server logging so that
    the errors are not logged?

  4. Re: SSL0267E: SSL Handshake Failed, Timeout during handshake operation.

    "bk" wrote in message
    On Oct 27, 12:33 pm, "Ben_" wrote:
    > >I am getting "SSL0267E:SSLHandshakeFailed,Timeoutduringhandshake
    > >operation." error message on production servers since couple of days. I
    > >checked thetimeoutsetting on HTTP server conf file and it is set to 300
    > >seconds. Load on the servers is also not too bad. Certificates have not
    > >expired. Please let me know what could be the problem?

    > See if the following makes sense to your environment.
    >
    > "
    > These errors are commonly seen when the HTTP Server presents the
    > self-signed
    > certificate to a browser client and the browser closes theSSLconnection to
    > display a warning pop-up that the server certificate is not from a
    > well-known certificate authority. When this pop-up occurs, the pendingSSL
    > session is terminated by the browser until the user responds to the prompt
    > to continue with the connection.
    >
    > The solution is to either:
    > 1) Purchase a new clientSSLcertificate from a trusted certificate
    > authority.
    > 2) Modify HTTP server logging so that these classes of errors are not
    > logged.
    > 3) Ignore these errors.
    > "
    > (http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...id=swg21299918)

    Thanks.

    I checked the certificate and it has been issued by a certified
    authority. Can you tell me how to modify HTTP Server logging so that
    the errors are not logged?

    No, I don't know.

    You could open a PMR to ask IBM Support.

    Or you could go for option 3) and ignore.

    How annoying are these error logs really ?

+ Reply to Thread