cell cloning - Websphere

This is a discussion on cell cloning - Websphere ; I am new Bee and posting first time we have a multi environment based on WAS v5.1,both horizontal and vertical and planning to clone the same on new box with different naming's. which would be the better option 1. run ...

  1. cell cloning

    I am new Bee and posting first time we have a multi environment based on WAS v5.1,both horizontal and vertical and planning to clone the same on new box with different naming's.

    which would be the better option
    1. run the scripts to export/import the config and later change the hostname,cellname ,nodename & server name.

    2. Start a clean from scratch and install all the application,etc

  2. Re: cell cloning

    Second is better.

  3. Re: cell cloning

    > Second is better.

    Only if second method uses some scripting to automate stuff, I would say.

    If it's all manual installation from scratch, you introduce human error
    factor and loose repeatability.

+ Reply to Thread