WAS 6.1.0.17 Native Libaray JVM UnsatisfiedLinkError on AIX - Websphere

This is a discussion on WAS 6.1.0.17 Native Libaray JVM UnsatisfiedLinkError on AIX - Websphere ; What is the correct way to use native libraries on WAS 6.1.0.17 running on AIX? I have native libaries (lets call it for example purposes: libxyz.so, lib123.a etc...) on AIX. I added the libraries to /usr/lib on AIX. When I ...

  1. WAS 6.1.0.17 Native Libaray JVM UnsatisfiedLinkError on AIX

    What is the correct way to use native libraries on WAS 6.1.0.17 running on AIX?
    I have native libaries (lets call it for example purposes: libxyz.so, lib123.a etc...) on AIX.
    I added the libraries to /usr/lib on AIX. When I deploy the application and run it, it works fine. When I restart or redeploy the application I get errors stating that the libraries are already loaded. I am using System.loadLibrary to load the libraries. The only way to get a clean restart is to stop and restart the server. I tried defining these as shared libraries etc but was not successful either. I rather not have to set them as shared either way.

    Please advice. Thank you.

  2. Re: WAS 6.1.0.17 Native Libaray JVM UnsatisfiedLinkError on AIX

    rene_rivera@g1.com wrote:
    > What is the correct way to use native libraries on WAS 6.1.0.17 running on AIX?
    > I have native libaries (lets call it for example purposes: libxyz.so, lib123.a etc...) on AIX.
    > I added the libraries to /usr/lib on AIX. When I deploy the application and run it, it works fine. When I restart or redeploy the application I get errors stating that the libraries are already loaded. I am using System.loadLibrary to load the libraries. The only way to get a clean restart is to stop and restart the server. I tried defining these as shared libraries etc but was not successful either. I rather not have to set them as shared either way.
    >
    > Please advice. Thank you.

    Shared libraries are the correct way to use native code, and without the
    System.loadLibrary() call. What error did you get when you tried to use
    the configured shared libraries?

    Ken

+ Reply to Thread