Derby as Lookaside DB in WPS 6.1 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Derby as Lookaside DB in WPS 6.1 - Websphere ; Hi Guys, Anyone know the skinny on: 1. Is derby supported as a lookaside db for WPS 6.1 windows dev 2. Do I need a separate database of can I use the same one as the portal (wpsdb) 3. I ...

  1. Derby as Lookaside DB in WPS 6.1

    Hi Guys,

    Anyone know the skinny on:

    1. Is derby supported as a lookaside db for WPS 6.1 windows dev
    2. Do I need a separate database of can I use the same one as the portal (wpsdb)
    3. I have configured the wpsdb db as the lookaside db and all scripts execute successfully but I am getting derby locking errors. I have set the timeout to infinite (-1) but no luck. Is this a known issue?

  2. Re: Derby as Lookaside DB in WPS 6.1

    1. VMM/WIM supports Derby for property extensions. So Derby should be OK.
    2. Since the embedded version only supports single JVM, the answer is no, because VMM and Portal can't access the DB simultaneously. You have to create a separate Derby database. Even if you use a commercial database like DB2 or Oracle, it's not recommended to have VMM data in Portal database.
    3. See 1.

    -FF