Struts Shared Lib problem in Websphere portal v6.1 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Struts Shared Lib problem in Websphere portal v6.1 - Websphere ; Hi, I'm having strange problem with struts JSR168 portlet. When i create a Struts JSR168 portlet for WP6.1 using RAD v7.0.0.7(After changing the struts jar from SPFStandardBlank.war as internal project jars), it is working fine. Now i did some change ...

  1. Struts Shared Lib problem in Websphere portal v6.1

    Hi,

    I'm having strange problem with struts JSR168 portlet.

    When i create a Struts JSR168 portlet for WP6.1 using RAD v7.0.0.7(After changing the struts jar from SPFStandardBlank.war as internal project jars), it is working fine.
    Now i did some change like following

    1) i created shared lib in Websphere portal v6.1 with those struts jars.
    2) Now in my portlet i changed those struts jars as external jars, and i deployed

    Now i am getting the following JSP exceptions while running

    *Error Message:JSPG0047E: Unable to locate tag library for uri http://struts.apache.org/tags-logic *

    * Root Cause:com.ibm.ws.jsp.JspCoreException: JSPG0047E: Unable to locate tag library for uri http://struts.apache.org/tags-logic *

    at com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.visitor.tagfiledep.TagFi leDependencyVisitor.visitCustomTagStart(TagFileDep endencyVisitor.java:76) at com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.visitor.JspVisitor.proce ssJspElement(JspVisitor.java:267) at com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.visitor.JspVisitor.proce ssChildren(JspVisitor.java:309) at com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.visitor.JspVisitor.proce ssJspElement(JspVisitor.java:139) at com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.visitor.JspVisitor.visit (JspVisitor.java:121) at com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.JspTranslator.processVis itors(JspTranslator.java:127) at com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.utils.JspTranslatorUtil. translateJsp(JspTranslatorUtil.java:213) at com.ibm.ws.jsp.translator.utils.JspTranslatorUtil. translateJspAndCompile(JspTranslatorUtil.java:99)

    Regards,
    Selva

  2. Re: Struts Shared Lib problem in Websphere portal v6.1

    Hi all,

    additional info,

    i have problem only with strtus tag libs, coz the same way(through shared lib) i was able to access my own custom utility jars functionalities in portlets.

    Please help needed in this regard.

    Thanks
    Selva

  3. Re: Struts Shared Lib problem in Websphere portal v6.1

    with most of the struts jars it is not supported to move them out of the portlet war

    please see the following technote
    http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.w...id=swg21248547

  4. Re: Struts Shared Lib problem in Websphere portal v6.1

    Hi Jim,

    Thanks for ur input.

    Thanks and Regards

    Selva